Ended 7th Annual New Years Day Hatch-a-long contest number 6 Gingerbread Contest

Well yeah! With a kit. lol..
hide.gif

Well yeah! With a kit. lol..
hide.gif

That's ok! I started with a kit, built the walls & roof then built everything else on and around it. With this contest, that's ok. There's a lot of work to do other than making the basic parts. I can bake but since this was my first one, I didn't want the added work (frustration?) of making the building part. Maybe next time!

You should try one Cynthia. We could use more entries in the contest and I'd like to see what you come up with! Make something as small or big, as simple or elaborate as you want. Just have fun with it. And once you're done, you have a centerpiece or something for a coffee/end table.

Ok, here goes nothing! Some of the things I used: Mini Shredded Wheat = roof Caramel Licorice = roof beams Sno Caps candy = roof Sour Green Apple candy = tree, bushes Pretzels = gate, sign post, windows Graham Crackers = nesting box Peanut M&M = coop base Gumdrops = coop base, sign & gate anchors Coconut = mixed in icing for snow Chick-O-Stick = for seed Peanut Butter Kiss = path I've never made one of these before but I'd do it again (DH is already asking me to make a BIG one for next year, lol). Learned a lot...like icicles are hard to make and no matter how careful you try to be when you touch some item, something is going to fall off. It took a lot of time, mostly because I've not worked with royal icing before.
really great job........ :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom