8 day old chick needs help

NewchickieB

Hatching
Mar 31, 2020
Hi All,
I am a first time chicken owner, I have a baby chicken who is straining to poop and cry’s while doing it. Her butt is very swollen and looks painful. I was told to put a probiotic in her water. She is eating and drinking well. I read to use Kyro syrup and water and give a couple drops and it will work like a laxative. Is this true? Or any other suggestions. This has been going on for two days now.

I would soak her for a few minutes in warm water, and massage her stomach and bum area, but be sure to put her under a heat lamp after so she won’t get chilled. I had a chick like this recently and she didn’t poop for me in the water, but I checked on her an hour later and she must have relieved herself as she was back to normal again, running around with the other chicks.

I would soak her for a few minutes in warm water, and massage her stomach and bum area, but be sure to put her under a heat lamp after so she won’t get chilled. I had a chick like this recently and she didn’t poop for me in the water, but I checked on her an hour later and she must have relieved herself as she was back to normal again, running around with the other chicks.
Thank you I will try this.

Back
Top Bottom