8 + Extras Calico/Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam Hatching Eggs Auction

Hi Kim. I raise right now a trio of blue orpingtons. I am hatching there eggs to, as there not hatchery birds, I got them from tuffoldhen on this byc. She has some nice birds. I use to raise alot more, but I had to stop as I needed to have my hips replaced.....So, now I am better and here I go again.....I also got some Mille Fluer cochin from ebay, and the post office must of used them for morrocas, so far Ive pulled 4 eggs out, blood line, tare in the air sack. Stuff happens, I love those calico birds we bid on, they are beautiful. So, for now I am staying with the orps and the cochins.
What do you have? Ruth

Sorry to hear about your shipped eggs. I have some in the incubator right now and they are my first shipped and it is very disappointing how they arrive, even though they are packaged very well. I probably won't spend much more money on that route.
Wow, glad your hips are better. That must have been quite an ordeal to go through and recover from!
I have a friend I met who is doing the blue orps and I am dying to see them. I have self blue bantam Ameraucanas.....I call them lavendar. They are lavendar split to black and I have one lavendar and three black right now and that lavendar one is really starting to get an awesome color. They are right about two weeks old. I am trying to incubate some more so I can make breeders out of them. I bought a dozen more eggs that shipped today and they are a little closer in Indiana so maybe they will come in a little better.
I am doing partridge silkies and I just got a blue calico and blue porcelain roo that I am going to work on. I have a very pretty splash girl. So I bought porcelain, lavendar and BBS silkie eggs that are in the incubator. I hope it's not a bust and I can get a girl or two for the boys. That was my original goal. I need a splash roo for my girl and I would love a black boy for my black hen and I have blue chicks so I can use the blue with those......see, I really need those eggs to do something, LOL!
Then I have four EEs and it is looking like I will have one boy and three girls
fl.gif
I don't want to go too far with those so that would be perfect for what I want to do. And I want to do mottled cochins and MF cochins. I got two sets of mottled eggs that are on their way to my house as we speak and I got the eggs last night and now I need to get some more eggs. I would like Amy's but still looking around. I heard you will be getting eggs from the same seller next week, congragulations! We can be incubating at about the same time. If you start a thread, PM me and I would love to incubate together.
If you're looking for cochins, luckypickens has a BIN going all the time and my friend that won some of Amy's eggs has Lucky's eggs and the fertility was great on them. I am subscribed to her thread if you can't find it. Just look in my things what I'm subscribed to and it will be way down at the bottom. Just keep hitting more until you find. Her prices are really reasonable also.
If this thread runs out, feel free to PM me. I talk to more people that way and have made so many great friends.
If you have anything in the bator right now, I'm on two hatching threads, one I started for my chicks that are hatching today, and one someone else started and they have chicks hatching in a few weeks. I did have some to go with that thread, but took them out of the incubator so now I'm just along for the ride and talking to my friends. Turns out two of the people on that thread live near me and I have gotten to meet one person and will be meeting the other hopefully soon. I said we three should get together and start a women's livestock club, as I find my regular girlfriends would rather talk about purses and shoes and nails than chickens......they think I"m strange and should never get another one....gasp!

Wow that is great what your doing....Yes I have some large frizzle cochins in the bator along with some mille fluer cochins from ebay. I just was looking at Luckypikens ad on ebay. Im not experienced in hatching yet, and I am not crazy over the new hoverbator with the digital readouts.....If I leave it set the way the shipped it to me which is 99.5 and 40 to 50% humidity it would take a month of sunday's to hatch. I put in a temp digital and another one with read out like indoors and out. It was just warm inside the bator and I don't want that high humidity. Anyway, I don't no how this hatch will be. Its not really put water in plug it in and go lol lol lol. The temp on the eggs is different than what they have on the top of the plastic cover....And it dosn't recover fast enough....My other 1588 was stable, I could keep a low humidity level and it recoveered fast.......So between the post office and the bator Im not to happy........Anyway I am just finding my way around and it was great to meet you.....I don't no how to subscribe to you, so have patients with me OK
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom