8 mystery chicks

niknchicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
Lincolnshire, England
I have 8 chicks that hatched from eggs donated from a farm without them giving me any information whatsoever as to breed! 7 are bantams and 1 is rather large. They're 11 days old today. Any ideas as to breed? I guess it's too early for gender.

big'un first-

littler ones-

and last but not least, my poorly chick who doesn't look particularly poorly any more :)

(and yes, these pictures were taken while they wandered around on my desk at work lol)

I have 8 chicks that hatched from eggs donated from a farm without them giving me any information whatsoever as to breed! 7 are bantams and 1 is rather large. They're 11 days old today. Any ideas as to breed? I guess it's too early for gender.

big'un first- not sure of breed but so far looks male

Not sure of breed or gender with this one

looks male, mix breed possibly

Not sure of gender, maybe an Australorp mix

Male and brahma/mix?

I'd guess male Australorp mix for this one too

And this one I think is a male mixbreed

and last but not least, my poorly chick who doesn't look particularly poorly any more :)

No idea about this one lol, been too long since I was dealing with chicks of my own, I used to be able to tell easily but these days... It's harder with all the differences caused by breeds and diets and environments too. I think this one might be female.

Best wishes with them.

They look like mixed breeds to me, did the farm just have all of their chickens running around together? They'll probably be excellent layers!

Back
Top Bottom