8 Reasons why trampoline pens don't work

I don't like the idea for always keeping them in there, but for moving them around the yard daily, like tractor style, this does sound pretty cool. Only that it would be excessive for my 3 girls.
hmm.png

Quote:
Here's mine:
4957_trampoline_coop_1.jpg

Actually, despite the difficulties, I'm now kinda glad I have this pen because I left the door open and keep feed in there to stay dry and my "garden" turkeys (see pic below) go in there for shade and to eat. I'm sure others have much "neater" looking trampoline pens than mine!!

4957_turkeys_in_the_garden.jpg

Glad that I have read all of this before trying it. I have six 2-month-old chicks that need their own space from the rest of the flock, at least for a few weeks (trip and neighbor dropping in to care for birds). I got a free barrel chicken nest box from CraigsList, and free trampolines are on CL all the time where I live. I plan to put the barrel nest box in the trampoline, on top of the stretchy part, which will be the flooring. Taking advice of putting stretchy part on ground. Will have to create top that keeps rain out, as well as put 1/2 " hardware cloth around it. Will also bolt frame together. Not planning on moving it --- just another space to separate poultry. Will post pics, feedback, and cost when I'm through. Main expense is the hardware cloth and a tarp since we have lumber laying around.

In the meantime, if anyone else has pictures, or feedback, I'd love to see/hear it!

I used 2" PVC to elevate trampoline up 6'. Then used metal screws to hold everything together. There were some other places that wood was added to support the structure. Working on second coop and run will post photos. It works great with a little creativity

Use a bit construction adhesive on each trampoline join. That solves the falling apart problem. Don't use chicken wire around the outskirts but a heavier grade of rigid wire. There's plenty of 2nd hand fencing around cheap..Secure with cable ties. Works a treat and weighs the trampoline down so as not to make it so vulnerable to wind. Tent peg it down if necessary. Leave yourself a big enough gap to put your old gate in and secure to one trampoline leg. I used bungie cords at the gate lock. Finally scrap the cover and springs and stretch some bird netting over the top. Secure one section with a piece of corrugated iron or better still plastic corrugated roofing and you've solved all the problems (except the hillbilly bit). Mine works a treat and cost me 15 dollars all up.

what you could do is put chicken wire to close it up on the bottom and then but chicken wire all around the top poles and make a roof with it. then, cut out the springy part where you jump, add wood and make a small entrance with a ramp and that could work.

In my opinion the easiest and cheapest way to use this is to only use the trampoline pad for shade and find yourself a free or cheap playhouse and attach.. those playhouse's are easy to convert to a coop... plus they come with window shutters usually so it is kind a nice.. I see one like this everyday at work so I know it works.

Back
Top Bottom