8 week old bantam chick, probable oegb, breed/color?

I’m pretty sure he is an old English bantam

No, because Old English Game Bantams have a single comb and no muff/beard (feathers under and beside the beak).

Your chick has pea comb, and a beard. Not a big beard, but definitely present. It's part of why he does not have obvious wattles.

The only common kind of bantam in the USA that has both a beard and a pea comb is an Easter Egger bantam. (Ameraucana bantam would too, but is not common, and probably is not that color.)

No, because Old English Game Bantams have a single comb and no muff/beard (feathers under and beside the beak).

Your chick has pea comb, and a beard. Not a big beard, but definitely present. It's part of why he does not have obvious wattles.

The only common kind of bantam in the USA that has both a beard and a pea comb is an Easter Egger bantam. (Ameraucana bantam would too, but is not common, and probably is not that color.)
You’re right, I didn’t even notice his beard coming in until today. I thought he had ridges on his comb like a old English, but it’s actually smooth like an EE. Im sure you’re right too about him being an EE over a ameraucana, because my Atwood’s gets their poultry from ideal, and ideal has bantam EE, but no ameraucanas.

My mystery is finally solved!
thanks for your Input everyone!

Thanks everyone for the complements! :D His color Is pretty but is rather unusual, thats why I had such a hard time trying to figure out what he was lol.

Back
Top Bottom