8 week old chick stopped using legs

kyotto

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 2, 2015
I've asked about this girl earlier, but let me start a new thread, since we've found something new.

Basically, she stopped walking, but eats and drinks and shows no other signs of distress other than not walking. She uses her wings to move around. Gave her B Complex vitamins per suggestions from users on this site. Only started a day ago and no change so far.

Today we've noticed that her left foot is swollen and that must be the problem. We see no injury, no foreign object and she does not seem to be bothered when the swollen area is touched. But she clearly cannot put weight on that leg. Look in the picture how her left leg looks worse than the right.

Any ideas what that might be and how to treat this poor cutie?

2022.10.17 - Chocolate Legs.jpg

Last edited:
Could you get a picture of the tops of the feet as well? Could she have fractured or sprained her foot? Had she been
having problems walking before she became completely lame, and possibly injured it? I would continue the b complex for a couple of weeks. It is hard to know if she could have Mareks disease, an injury, or some infectious arthritis in her foot.

2022.10.18 - Chocolate Legs.jpg

Here you go. A bit hard to see, but left leg is a bit swollen from the top as well. Not too crazy. I am giving her 0.5ml antibiotics twice a day and B Complex. Let's see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom