8 week old chicks with chicks twice there size?

chickens&ducks_RULE

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
South Wales!!
hey, i got 6 pekin bantams outside and 2 old english game bantams 8 weeks old but were doing the run today for the chicks so could the 2 8 week old chicks go with the pekin chicks?

the pekin batams are twice the size of the other 2 chicks so this is why im asking

oh yea and there's going to be 1 duck with them and in a week or so there will be another 4 ducks so 5 ducks

thanks

~Daniel

Did you say how old the pekins were?
hu.gif

No matter the age, I wouldn't put two small chicks in with six larger chicks. That's an invitation for disaster. Perhaps block off part of the run for the smaller chicks and then integrate them when they're closer in size to the bigger ones?

well looking at it now these 2 chicks are a about the same size as the pekin hen chicks its the 2 pekin roo's that are abit bigger

so will the 2 chicks and 1 duck be ok with them ??

i made a plan aswell im going to leave the pekins out in the 6ft long by 5ft wide run and put loads of grass dandelions and bread and stuff in the run so there eating then put the 2 chicks and 1 duck in the coop and slowly move them to the open door and to the ladder to go into the run then thay will all be eating and maybe not notice each other but if there's some bad fighting starts i'll remove the 2 chicks and 1 duck out of there dose that sound ok ?

Back
Top Bottom