8 week old Light Brahma gender

fl.gif
hope she stays a hen

Yay! Mine are both at 19 1/2 weeks and seem to be hens even though they both exhibited signs to the contrary when they were younger. One had three ridges in her comb and apparent wattles from 2 weeks of age. She also had a puffball tail which some said was a sign of a rooster. Both had red combs (but interesting, they would oscillate back and forth to a more salmon color then back to red.) But they will be 20 weeks old on Saturday and have no saddle feathers and no hackles. So I am pretty certain they are hens.

Last edited:
So Clara laid her first egg yesterday, and a second today. Her sister (and yes, they are both girls) is also now squatting so I expect some egss from her soon as well. What's your update, alang? BTW - Clara's comb doubled in size the week before she started laying.

Last edited:
Still tiny comb and no eggs evident but she definitely seems to be a hen. My other breeds have just started laying on past couple weeks. I'm assuming I'll see an egg soon...

I just want to say thank you for making this and other threads including such awesome pictures. (and to the experts to lend their advice) Im trying to sex my 8 week old brahmas now and this thread was very helpful.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom