8 week old pullets temperature change? Inside to outside will they get sick?

Egg_cited

Songster
May 4, 2022
My chicken coop🐓
I have 8 week old pullets. They currently live inside in our bathroom. Unfortunately, that is the only place available to put them. The bathroom does get pretty chilly unlike the rest of the house. The pullets don't mind that though. But when we take them outside to stretch there wings and run around they do get very hot very easily. They walk around with there wings drippy. I'm sure it is because of the temperature change but unfortunately there isn't much I can do. They're to small to go with the rest of the flock especially since I do have 2 silkies.

Do you have room in your coop to section a portion off so they can see but not touch? 8 weeks is far too old for them to be inside and the incorporation process is best done earlier. No, the temperature changes is not making them sick but they're probably too hot in your house

I have 8 week old pullets. They currently live inside in our bathroom. Unfortunately, that is the only place available to put them. The bathroom does get pretty chilly unlike the rest of the house. The pullets don't mind that though. But when we take them outside to stretch there wings and run around they do get very hot very easily. They walk around with there wings drippy. I'm sure it is because of the temperature change but unfortunately there isn't much I can do. They're to small to go with the rest of the flock especially since I do have 2 silkies.
Is your house air conditioned....and how hot is it outside?

Do you have room in your coop to section a portion off so they can see but not touch? 8 weeks is far too old for them to be inside and the incorporation process is best done earlier.
Ditto Dat^^^

Back
Top Bottom