8 weeks old chick has saliva in mouth and slight lump under chin

Where are you located? Glad you found the problem and hopefully didn't pull on the hair, her tongue damaged. You need to get Chick Grit not the grit for the adults, size is the difference. Why are you feeding grain instead of Starter/Grower?

Where are you located? Glad you found the problem and hopefully didn't pull on the hair, her tongue damaged. You need to get Chick Grit not the grit for the adults, size is the difference. Why are you feeding grain instead of Starter/Grower?
I'm in the Caribbean. And no we tried to maneuver the hair as gently as possible. It was wrapped pretty tight so I think that's where the lump under her chin came into play. A little inflammation probably. It's gone down a bit now. Hopefully it disappears soon. But her tongue did sustain some damage, like I mentioned there was some bleeding, but it doesn't seem to have affected her much. And as for why the grain, we're pretty new to this chicken rearing thing but they'll have their fancy food now that we've located a nearby feed store.

Back
Top Bottom