8 weeks today.....COOKING pics added!

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
well my males are finally 8 weeks old today, just regular ol cotty's, not jumbo's or anything. Gonna try my hand at dispatching and processing them.

Here goes nothing XD

For those of you that were wonder, we ate 3 of them last night, here's some photo's

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

And the Final product.

DSC_0158.jpg

Last edited:
i've done 2 of the 6 so far, its surprisingly quick and easy....hardest part is the warmth...ewwww.

the first bird i kinda felt bad for b/c i didn't make the cut the whole way thru the first time sooo....sorry about that birdie
hmm.png

they are all done sitting in ice water in the fridge for an hour to pull out any leftover blood. I went the split back trick, but i'd like to know if anyone has seen a good video of taking out everything by the vent area so i can keep it whole.

Mibotsu, here is a link to a sticky in the meaties section on the killing and butchering of chickens. It should be pretty much the same thing for quail. This person goes thru the entire thing in detail with what I think you are looking for. The pics are graphic, but I guess you now have seen it all!! (And when you are done learning, please show up at my place and show me how to do it! Yes, I have never butchered any of my quail and I am over run with them, so please hurry!!)
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=109583

Quote:
yea i read thru that before, i'm sure its the same, just on a smaller scale.

you should really give butchering a try, its not that hard once you cut the head, they shake around a bit. but after you get the first one done, its all the same.

Back
Top Bottom