8 weeks today.....COOKING pics added!

I have a few really mean males that I would LOVE to take out, but I just can't get myself to do it. If they were suffering of course I could kill them. But in their healthy state, and while they watch me come at them with killing utensils?? Can't do it. So...how far away are you?? How many hours til you get here??
lol.png

I'm in the same boat, but I made a deal with my hubby. I'll raise them if he processes them. Great plan. We are on day 2 of our 8 week wait. Hard to imagine those cute little fuzzy butts are going to be dinner someday.

I'm looking for a place where I can drive up with my livestock and come back later to pick up my groceries.

i found it easier from hatch if once i sexed them, i moved the males out and kinda treated them like crap(not really but ya know, don't get attached) i knew from the 3rd week when i sexed them that they were going to be food, so it wasn't that hard.

and yea, i'm in SC so its a bit far away from new mexico lol

Quote:
Now THIS is what I am also looking for....drive up poultry processing. Leave them live, come back to processed quail ready for eating!

Quote:
Oh come on Mibotsu...I have driven across country for lunch!! Now get in the car and start driving!!
big_smile.png

We are under strict instruction not to name them. There are a lot of them (37), so it's hard to tell them apart. But out of all of those, one is an Italian, so he/she gets lots of attention. I might keep that one as a pet, boy or girl. Also, they are English Whites and Tuxes, so I can actually tell those apart by spots or pattern. It's all a matter of how good my memory is. Unfortunately, I don't need to name them to get attached.

I'm in so much trouble when the 8 weeks comes around...

Back
Top Bottom