8' x 16' Whole Pallet Run

McChooky

Free Ranging
Nov 11, 2020
Appalachian Mountains
I wanted to share a photo of a run I made using pallets and construction waste. It's got one coat of white wash and is covered top to bottom with hardware cloth and has an apron around the bottom to keep predators out. I made multipurpose garden bed out of cement blocks around the bottom of it to cover the hardware cloth and grow food. The roof was framed up on 12" centers used scrap 2 x 4's to attach the hardware cloth to before adding a white tarp to allow light and keep it dry.

Attachments

• WP_20211115_17_05_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20211115_17_05_36_Pro.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 59
I third the photo request.
I tried to uploaded some photos here last night but for some reason the post didn't didn't show up.When I went into my account under attachments and found the photos's and clicked on them they won't open and the message it gives me says not authorized. I will try to upload them again..

Attachments

• WP_20211115_17_06_35_Pro(1).jpg
    WP_20211115_17_06_35_Pro(1).jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 45
The photos I posted didn't show up but I did find them under my attachments (in my account) They can't be opened or deleted there and don't appear to be linked to this post. When I click on the thumbnails ooooops pops up on the screens and a message reads You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.I just posted one of the photos again and hopefully you can see it.

I went to your profile and looked at them via your images... That's awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm looking to build something similar as I have access to tons of free pallets just wasn't sure how to start.
Thank you! I got pallets from a food bank and an electrician.The green house took about 30 pallets to make last year(most broken apart) and another 40 for the chicken run and 50 ft pallet fence .I still have about 8 laying around. The fence was built to block coyotes(who can jump it until I get the electric fence put up)I already have a fenced yard but now the coop and run are fenced in. The chickens will have tunnels attached to the pallet fence and run and have a pop up door leading to it.

Back
Top Bottom