8 year hiatus and I'm back!

Overeasyplz

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Leesburg
Hey all you chicks and chooks, egg collectors and feather fluffers! I missed you all. I am back after 8 years and wow has it been a ride. We moved from Idaho to Florida, from a farm to an apartment. Kids grew up, I got a degree, and we bought a home with two acres yesterday in rural Florida and all I can think about is getting chickens again! Quail too, of course! I don't know how much this website has changed, but as the years flew by I knew the resources and the people here were still around. Glad to be back. I will be back and forth a lot mostly for advice on predator proofing for Florida. The sweet old lady we bought our place from informed me about how she took care of the local raccoons and fox by feeding them kitchen scraps, so I already am stressing and I haven't even moved into the house yet.

Hey all you chicks and chooks, egg collectors and feather fluffers! I missed you all. I am back after 8 years and wow has it been a ride. We moved from Idaho to Florida, from a farm to an apartment. Kids grew up, I got a degree, and we bought a home with two acres yesterday in rural Florida and all I can think about is getting chickens again! Quail too, of course! I don't know how much this website has changed, but as the years flew by I knew the resources and the people here were still around. Glad to be back. I will be back and forth a lot mostly for advice on predator proofing for Florida. The sweet old lady we bought our place from informed me about how she took care of the local raccoons and fox by feeding them kitchen scraps, so I already am stressing and I haven't even moved into the house yet.
Welcome back.
I'd continue feeding table scraps, only in live traps, for subsequent disposal. Failing that, I'd call in the armament, aka .22 long rifle.

Welcome back. Wow, with your move, your possibilities for raising chickens, etc. are boundless. I'm back again too this year, & glad to be on the BYC again learning & sharing. This year my new broody hatched 4 healthy chicks, bought 3 chicks, moved next door & have a new coop & run, newest 3rd year flock laying well, etc. Chickens are still chickens..... but there's actually a lot of new ideas on how we care for them too (like the mama cave for heating chicks, how cleaver). This website seems to have more great features since 2009, but maybe I'm just more computer friendly now? Have fun. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom