?

I have two 3 week old chicks and i was wondering of i could put a 1 week with them
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
A 2 week age difference is about the max you want when combining chicks. Why don't you put them together at a time when you can watch and see how they get along? When they are 3 and 5 weeks the difference won't be quite as pronounced. Are they all bantams or large size or?
Best,
Karen

We had a 1 week and 3 weeks together in the same brooder with no issues. However the olders were very gentle breeds. That may play a role (I'm not sure, I'm still new to this! )

The little one got bumped around a little, but it was never out of aggression, just chickens barging around doing their thing.

I have two 3 week old chicks and i was wondering of i could put a 1 week with them

Yes, that should be fine. up to 4 weeks age difference is generally acceptable. they will squabble a little at first, but just let them work it out. as long as there's no blood, you don't need to intervene. make sure you give them plenty of objects to hide behind so they can get away if picked on.

Back
Top Bottom