8mo d’Uccles still not laying

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hey y’all!
I hatched two Mille Fleur d’Uccle pullets on April 24. They’re now about to turn 6 months old, and there’s still no sign of an egg. They have red combs and small wattles, as expected of the breed. They also squat when I pick them up. They’ve been getting layer feed for the past month or so. When should I expect eggs? I can post pics of them when I get home in a couple hours.

A5C6396E-E677-47A8-8808-FE1838D09E68.jpeg

Mine’s had a red comb for weeks now. She’s about 22 weeks old, no eggs or a squat! I guess duccles are just late layer by breed since both her half silkie sisters have been laying for a month now.

I find the finger testing the pelvic bone gap(?) to be the most accurate. once there is a significant gap between the two bones above the vent (2 fingers), then it means they will be laying soon!

Mine’s had a red comb for weeks now. She’s about 22 weeks old, no eggs or a squat! I guess duccles are just late layer by breed since both her half silkie sisters have been laying for a month now.

I find the finger testing the pelvic bone gap(?) to be the most accurate. once there is a significant gap between the two bones above the vent (2 fingers), then it means they will be laying soon!
Is the 2 finger gap accounting for bantam size? I know it’s different based on standards/bantams

Back
Top Bottom