8x10 coop

bridget-rdh

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
Drumright, OK
got our coop in place and thought I'd share some pics.

First the concrete pads.. (free.. well.. traded for deer stand)

then moving the building.. 4 miles from in-laws to our house. (free, floor was rotted out)

Wish I had pics of the guys getting this off the trailer. I just couldn't watch.. Scary. Here it is in place.

And a couple shots of the inside. 3 roosts, 4 ft high.

We plan to add electricity (not a cord through the window), predator proof screens, an auto pop door. But we are off to a good start!

Very nice.
Congratulations on your new (free) coop!!
thumbsup.gif

Here is a "Saltbox" style shed I have on 1 end of my property, its is a 8 ft by 16 ft shed. I need to re-paint or put on new vinyl or steel siding. I do have a small door I cut in last year, was going to let dogs sleep in there, but changed my mind.
I could make a 4 feet by 8 feet, 7 feet high coop inside this shed on the 1 end, it could allow me access from inside the coop, to gather eggs,

feed,clean etc.
I would have to punch in a window, vents, and then partition off inside, insulate make roosts, nest boxes etc. The run could be built on right attached to the wall, this faces south, and can be seen from side house windows too,even at night.
If I don't get the coop I was promised, will maybe take this idea up, could get this done this week possibly...

That would make a great coop! And it's already there. 8x16 would be so awesome. That does sound like a lot of work in 1 week but we got ours here and set up in just a few days. Well, we made the nest boxes the weekend before. Walk-in is so much nicer than stooping to get eggs and do inside chores. Was your other option walk-in?

That would make a great coop! And it's already there. 8x16 would be so awesome. That does sound like a lot of work in 1 week but we got ours here and set up in just a few days. Well, we made the nest boxes the weekend before. Walk-in is so much nicer than stooping to get eggs and do inside chores. Was your other option walk-in?
Hi, yes it is 8ft by 16ft, but i would only be able to use 4 feet by 8 feet of it, as I need storage for tractor and yard tools my other shed is full, and the 3 car garage has my other babies in there, the mechanical machines of yesteryear.
The other coop is a gable style coop, approx 5 by 6-7 ft, 7 feet high, side walk-in door, all insulated, 2 rows of nest boxes, about 8 nest boxes, roosts, and a large window on the front end of it. Some of the exterior clad is rotten, and it could use new shingles, but I could get it whipped into shape fast. I find out this week if it is mine or not.
Sidebar, just went out to check on my 2 dogs, they are in shop, and all could here from just north of my property is wolves a howling, I listened up real good, I figure at least 3. I then howled back, dead silence. Dogs will stay in till morning, or be taken out on leash, till daybreak.
I will be building a run for the peeps fortified like Fort Knox, I am not comfortable about wolves hanging around here, and at least I now know they ain't coyotes, I know there sound, got lots of em at work about 20 miles from here..

Yes you definitely need Fort Knox for the predators.. We have coyotes surrounding us at night.. I'm a runner and can hear them really close if I go close to dark--which I don't do if I can help it!

Let me know if you get that coop..Did you make a bid on it, or someone getting rid of it? Sounds perfect and less work involved.. Except for moving it. But 5x7 should fit on a trailer.

Back
Top Bottom