9-10 weeks old chick sexing help! BLRW, black australorp, olive Egger

From what I understand, BLRW males only have lacing on their breasts—so if there are laced feathers coming in on the wings, particularly the shoulders, then it's leaning pullet. Curious as to what's making people predict #3 is a cockerel?

Mergruss1104, super if you could keep us posted as things develop. I've a (hopefully) pullet that's about 7 weeks, and am pondering the same.

If pictures help you like they did me, here is a pic of my splash laced Wyandotte pullet at 8 weeks.

Attachments

• 0532824B-3D58-47CE-95F8-0F89E7294479.jpeg
    0532824B-3D58-47CE-95F8-0F89E7294479.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
From what I understand, BLRW males only have lacing on their breasts—so if there are laced feathers coming in on the wings, particularly the shoulders, then it's leaning pullet. Curious as to what's making people predict #3 is a cockerel?

Mergruss1104, super if you could keep us posted as things develop. I've a (hopefully) pullet that's about 7 weeks, and am pondering the same.
That’s very helpful to know! I actually had another BLRW from the same hatch that I was 95% sure was a boy, he was dominant and had big wattles and red comb and very splotchy coloring so I re-homed him. These 2 I have look more alike that the suspected roo which made me think they are both Pullet. I guess we will see: when they get older I will post updated pictures to compare! I like to search old feeds to look through pictures and learn so maybe mine will someone too!

Back
Top Bottom