9 Month old Goldenlaced Wyandotte = 0 Eggs

TaaDaaGina

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2018
Hello I have a 9 month old Golden laced Wyandotte who is STILL not laying any eggs. She actually acts like a tomboy too - she would rather sleep in the trees than the coop. She doesn’t do the squat stance either like my other hens when I come close.

There is NO such things as a transgender hen => RIGHT?! 😅😅😅 She does not cockaldoodle do in the morning, but she does the hen cackle in the early morning (not at the crack of dawn - but first thing). She doesn’t look like a roster - I think she maybe confused?!! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I attached pictures 🤔🤔🤔🤪

Attachments

• 3D1D8F0E-7FE1-4262-BEB3-90E9D2158214.jpeg
    3D1D8F0E-7FE1-4262-BEB3-90E9D2158214.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 26
  • FA90C349-185B-41CC-B29B-15DE75C7C261.jpeg
    FA90C349-185B-41CC-B29B-15DE75C7C261.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 15
Not all hens will squat before laying. Mine never do for some reason.

From what I've noticed on here, a lot of people have Wyandottes that seem to take this long to start. I'm sure in a few weeks she'll start.

And yes, she looks like a lovely lady
Oh thank you for your response!! I got her and a white Leghorn at the same time and that chicken started popping out eggs FAST!! ;~D

From what I've noticed on here, a lot of people have Wyandottes that seem to take this long to start. I'm sure in a few weeks she'll start.

I don't have Wyandottes. But my Barred Rocks, hatched the first week of May last year, have just started laying this month. I have five and I think that only two or three of them are laying... I'm getting one or two eggs now most days.

An update to my question about my Wyandotte not laying eggs. She NOW is laying constantly one egg a day YEAH!!! She started about 3 weeks ago - so pretty much she did NOT lay eggs for a year. Double bonus my goose is now laying eggs too!! I think I am going to chalk it up to her being a tom-boy. She is my one chicken that likes to root in the trees...

BTW => I knew to look for eggs from her because she started doing the squat dance when I cam close to her ;~D She and the goose do the squat.

Back
Top Bottom