9 peafowl eggs ~ more for sale

You could have waited a couple more weeks to move the hens since their eggs would still be fertile from the original male. And it TOTALLY sucks what happened....

At this point, I'm never sure what we're doing from one day to the next let alone week! LOL! So, they are switched.

Now, I have a big ol' problem (in my book). I've got people wanting 150 buff orps. I only have ONE cabinet incubator, I've got 150 ringneck pheasant eggs sitting here and another 15 peafowl eggs, 8 turkey eggs, 40 guinea eggs. No room to put them in the bator. The ONE order I have for hatching eggs is from the bantam cochins and they are almost ALL broody!! I wish I could stick the extra eggs under them, but there's no way they could cover them all, especially when they are trying to cram two and three butts to ONE hole and leaving the rest of the holes open. You should SEE these jokers!

We NEED to have the pheasants for later on..so I really need to hatch them. I HATE the thought of wasting the peafowl eggs, so will have to sell them again. Since I'm going to have to hatch the orps., we once again, won't have ANY hatched for ourselves. No room for the turkeys, but I desperately need those as well and the guineas are usually really good sellers.
sad.png

Is anyone else having this problem? Every time you hatch, they get bought up right away and you're getting nothing for yourself???

Stacy

And dummy me, I sold one this spring at the beginning of the season thinking I wouldn't need it!!
sad.png
I didn't expect that everyone ELSE would suddenly want to expand their chicken ventures too. Or at least have their own layers in their yards! Sheesh! Live and learn I guess!

Stacy

Now, I have a big ol' problem (in my book). I've got people wanting 150 buff orps. I only have ONE cabinet incubator, I've got 150 ringneck pheasant eggs sitting here and another 15 peafowl eggs, 8 turkey eggs, 40 guinea eggs. No room to put them in the bator.

I have a huge incubator (holds 600+ eggs) not currently in use. If you want to work a hatch/trade for the peacock and pheasant eggs, I will be willing to try to work out something equitible.​

Back
Top Bottom