9 week old duck not walking

You're going to need a buddy for him. Ducks do much better with another duck around.

Can you flex his leg any? Maybe try to get some sort of movement in it?
we have our indoor duck to keep her company for the time being, and it doesn’t seem to hurt when i move it but yes i can move it, just now her other leg is swollen too..i feel so bad for her because things keep getting worse and it was just all of a sudden:( we’ve been doing so much research trying to find her problem and fix

Have you started the liquid B complex?
i haven’t, my tsc was still sold out last time we went, but we have googled safe medicines we have for our dogs and gave them to her, her legs aren’t swollen anymore but she still won’t walk 😕idk what to do at this point

How does she move her legs when you put her in water? She really needs the b complex. Have you checked other stores? If nothing else get human b complex crush the pill up over feed. Better yet put it over a tasty treat like some chopped tomatoes or water melon.
Niacin deficiency if not treated can kill.

Last edited:
i haven’t, my tsc was still sold out last time we went, but we have googled safe medicines we have for our dogs and gave them to her, her legs aren’t swollen anymore but she still won’t walk 😕idk what to do at this point
you can always use niacin capsules. Flush effect, not flush free.

100mg capsule broken open, powder mixed into 1 gallon of water and that can be used as drinking water.

She really needs the B complex or some form of niacin

How does she move her legs when you put her in water? She really needs the b complex. Have you checked other stores? If nothing else get human b complex crush the pill up over feed. Better yet put it over a tasty treat like some chopped tomatoes or water melon.
Niacin deficiency if not treated can kill.
you can always use niacin capsules. Flush effect, not flush free.

100mg capsule broken open, powder mixed into 1 gallon of water and that can be used as drinking water.

She really needs the B complex or some form of niacin
we got her really duck food with really high niacin until tsc is back in stock:) she uses her legs to swim normal and she has started to stand but she kind of stands in her “elbows”. she’s slowly getting better. i’ll look at tsc again tomorrow and see if they have gotten some b complex if not i’ll get the human kind. thank you !!

Keep us updated on how she is recovering.
i’ve given her several things now lol she’s back to her normal self just walks different now, we have another duck that walks just like her but he hatched that way so we put the two together during the day so she can learn from her brother how to walk. thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom