9 week old nankin having a hard time eating..

sgt_dane

Chirping
9 Years
May 16, 2010
I have a little 9 week old nankin roo, hes having a hard time eating for some reason.. hes really thin, picks at the food but i never see him with a full crop.. he eats the food that falls in the water but doesnt seem to be swallowing the hard food that i supply them with all the time.. everybody else is doing great.. Hes also VERY small.. hes 9 weeks old and about the size of a small cockatiel.. hes about 5 and a half inches tall.. Any thoughts??

I wish I knew enough to help you identify his problem; I bet people aren't responding because they're in the same boat. You could try re-posting this in the Emergencies/Injuries section where the medical types hang out. There's a sticky at the top of that section that can help you answer the questions people are likely to ask about the roo's condtion, like his pooping, housing, etc.

Good luck and I hope he gets better!
hugs.gif

I would treat for coccidia with Corid. You can get it at Tractor supply. They will often just pick at food but not really eat, will sleep a lot and waste away. I would also put vitamins in its water, keep it warm as weight loss equals loss of body heat. I use baby parrot hand feeding formula to boost appetite and get something into them. Even mixing some crumble with warm water might get him to eat a little.

Back
Top Bottom