9 week old Polish genders?

damsm

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2021
Hi, these are my first polish and they are approx. 9 weeks (a silkie snuck in the bunch:) Anyway, been reading and pretty sure the brownish one closest to the camera is a pullet. But not sure about the other 2. There aren't any pronounced waddles, but their legs seem a bit thicker and their crests are different than the one I think is a pullet. Maybe slightly different age?...there were a lot of mixed ages in the brooder we chose from. Not really seeing pointy saddle feathers though either...so maybe have to wait a bit more. Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks, Mary

Attachments

• IMG_2857.JPG
    IMG_2857.JPG
    749.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    750.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2861.JPG
    IMG_2861.JPG
    931.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2862.JPG
    IMG_2862.JPG
    691.6 KB · Views: 20
I believe all polishes are pullets! I’m a little on the fence about the one farthest away from the camera! Do you have any better pictures? Maybe of it’s face? The two closest to the camera have girl hair I think but if you could get better pictures of each individually that would help a lot!😉 Not sure on the silkie!😂

Last edited:
I believe all polishes are pullets! I’m a little on the fence about the one farthest away from the camera! Do you have any better pictures? Maybe of it’s face? The two closest to the camera have girl hair I think but if you could get better pictures of each individually that would help a lot!😉 Not sure on the silkie!😂
Thanks-I sure am hoping they are girls:) here are better pics of the 2 I'm not sure of-we picked them up on June 27 and they were a couple of weeks old I think-so that's 8ish weeks...they silkie I'm not gonna try to guess!

Attachments

• IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    591.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    550.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2887.JPG
    IMG_2887.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks-I sure am hoping they are girls:) here are better pics of the 2 I'm not sure of-we picked them up on June 27 and they were a couple of weeks old I think-so that's 8ish weeks...they silkie I'm not gonna try to guess!
I go back and forth...no waddles is keeping me hopeful but not sure on the hairdos!

The one in the first picture on the left is a pullet for now!😉 If her tail is pictured fourth then my best guess is that she is a girl!😁 I think the one pictured last (the top of the head picture) is a cockerel because they look pointy! If the sixth picture is of that ones tail then that makes me think it’s a cockerel even more!😉 Did the tails that I mentioned match the polishes?🙂

The one in the first picture on the left is a pullet for now!😉 If her tail is pictured fourth then my best guess is that she is a girl!😁 I think the one pictured last (the top of the head picture) is a cockerel because they look pointy! If the sixth picture is of that ones tail then that makes me think it’s a cockerel even more!😉 Did the tails that I mentioned match the polishes?🙂
Yes they did:) Hard to get good pics. They do pick at each other's tail feathers sometimes-makes them look more pointy...These two will be interesting to see-Thanks for your input! If I get better pics, I'll post tomorrow:)

Your welcome!🥰 Yeah so then I do think you have at least two pullets! And that last one is probably a cockerel!😉 Are you able to keep roosters where you are? Just curious🤪 Yeah if you update your posts every week with new pictures then it will be easier to tell their genders for sure!😉

Yes they did:) Hard to get good pics. They do pick at each other's tail feathers sometimes-makes them look more pointy...These two will be interesting to see-Thanks for your input! If I get better pics, I'll post tomorrow:)
what are your thoughts on the waddles or lack of them?

Your welcome!🥰 Yeah so then I do think you have at least two pullets! And that last one is probably a cockerel!😉 Are you able to keep roosters where you are? Just curious🤪 Yeah if you update your posts every week with new pictures then it will be easier to tell their genders for sure!😉
Yes, we are in the "country"-should they have waddles by now?

They appear to be too young to sex. I would update in a few more weeks. They are too young for sex-specific pointed feathers. Since they're bearded you're going to have a difficult time going off of wattle growth which is often a good indicator because wattle growth will be inhibited by the beard!

Back
Top Bottom