9 week old polish silkie walking funny!

5cutechicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 22, 2014
Lowell Michigan
i have a 9 week old chick who is walking funny, don't know if he/she is sick or injured. I just seperat d it from the rest of the chickens. I picked her up to love on it this morning and when I put it down its legs went out from underneath it, It then had a hard time getting back up. I took it outside the coop and it started running back and forth trying to get back in and fell over a couple times. It feels
[/IMG][/IMG] warmer than my other chickens, it's still eating and acting normal. I gave it some oxytetracycline and a bit of multi vitamins. I tried to get a video of how it was walking but now it seems okay (sort of) I did get a couple photos of what it looks like when I pick it up and set it down, has a hard time getting back on its feet, another photo of it on its back, it won't even try to flip back to its feet! If anyone out may know what's wrong please help!

I'm sure you take wonderful care of your birds. Problems like this crop up with the best care takers there are.

Try giving her vitamins. Make sure she isn't over-heating. It could be something other than marek's.

I hope it's something else, it does the "splits" sometimes as described in symptoms of markeks. I didn't realize there are so many things that can go wrong with chickens! I have 19 more, hope and pray it won't wipe out my whole flock!

Back
Top Bottom