9 week Silkie...gender???

Amen to that! I figured we had some snow coming just didn't know the magnitude lol! People stuck in hotel, kids stuck at school...craziness! Our older girls have some snow that came in the side of their coop but it's wrapped up enought that they don't have to walk in it which I've heard chickens hate to do.

mine don't seem to mind but we here in calhoun got a think around 2in and it is just horrible i had some baby goats born and didn't make it and all my young frizzles died this hit me for a loop

Sunday i didn't think she was pregnant i mean i thought she was until a month or so ago i went and put it on my calender but she never gained any weight so i thought she must have not took to the billy like i thought but Sunday she was in the yard eating and laid down and started pushing and so i did what i thought was necessary i flipped out lol but me and my mom went and put her up and stayed with her and she kept pushing and them had one and then as one came out so did another but something didn't make sense i didn't think even if she was pregnant she had some time to go and i was right they were about 3 or so week early so they were premature they couldn't walk were very under weight about 1 pound each and they had no muscle tone and feet wasn't hardened yet so we milked there mom and brought them in but one died that night and the other died the next day but they i don't think they would have made it long if they were born normally i wasn't expecting this snow and wouldn't have even known she had them til we got all this snow

I'm glad she is ok but poor thing. Makes me sad.

I did, however, finally get a good photo of the silkies...I just can't figure out how to upload it from my phone

Back
Top Bottom