9 year old child charged in shooting..

I am very glad to hear this!

To lock this child up would serve no good purpose. All that would do is take what is probably just an unhappy, confused and frightened child, and force him into the company of some really scary minds. Eventually, he would be released on society with a whole new skill set.
hide.gif

Right on target
bun.gif
lady.

They should take this kid from his parents and put him in a loving home with a mom and a dad that love him enough that he will not want to run away.

A short sad story: I recently did a job for a woman in the back woods of western Oregon. There was about 7 or 8 trailers on this property and three of them had playground equipment in front of them with a single woman living in each one. They were very adamant that I not destroy them, they were actually very nice made of treated lumber and not the cheap ones. It never occured to me initially that there were no children. The state had taken all the women's children away from them for drug use and neglect. They all said they were trying to get their kids back... it was going on 3 years... that is why they wanted nothing to happen to the playground equipment. Very sad. They were also growing pot in the other trailers with medical marijuana cards.

I very much doubt that Washington State will press any kind of charges against this child. They will use any leverage to get this boy away from his family, and get him some help. Let us all hope that it works. And that the little girl survives and gets well.

Imp

This is the insanity brought about by the casual ownership of guns by incompetent people.

These might be the truest words spoken!

The same day of this shooting. There was a second shooting, in the same area.
A Washington State Patrol Officer was shot and killed during a traffic stop. The killer (a known criminal) eventually killed himself. Now 5 others have been arrested for assisting him.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom