90k fine for selling rabbits without a license!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Randy, May 30, 2011.

1. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This has been making it's way around the internet for a few weeks now. It is a bunch of crap. I think some people need something else to do.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, a bunch of crap. I worked in an industry that was regulated by the USDA and FDA. The interactions taught me great restraint out of necessity. Some of the inspectors were top level, quality professionals. Others were-----

4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Some of the story seems kind of fishy to me - they have an inspector show up dirty and they don't even get the name? Odd...

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I agree with you - snopes shows nothing and neither does truthorfiction.com. However, I have no heard this outrageous story on any major news outlets.

6. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    It was on Fox news. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the liberal mass media to cover it. [​IMG] It's been on MO/KS news too.

I applaud Sen. McCaskill for getting involved with this. Ridiculous fines for selling rabbits, armed raids on farmers selling raw milk... it's appalling. [​IMG]

7. Q9

Q9 General Headache

As one person put it -

Mistake number 1: Talking with the USDA.
    Mistake number 2: Letting the USDA onto your property.

Unless it's a cop with a warrant, do not under any circumstances allow anyone associated with the government onto your property. You will regret it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by