96 here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kitt, May 24, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    We had a high of 55, low of 39. Can't we just combine and have the average?

2. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Quote:I'm in NY also and have a pool. We were stuck with it. I hate it! It came in useful during the extra hot summer last year, but other than that we just spend money on it so it doesn't turn into skeeter haven.

Oh and it's mosquito time already here. I'm covered with bites. ugh.

3. areyoumymother

areyoumymother Songster

Apr 9, 2011
    Quote:I'm in NY also and have a pool. We were stuck with it. I hate it! It came in useful during the extra hot summer last year, but other than that we just spend money on it so it doesn't turn into skeeter haven.

Oh and it's mosquito time already here. I'm covered with bites. ugh.

I have heard putting goldfish in your pool will keep down the mosquito infestation....they eat the larvae....

don't have a pool myself ... but I used to coordinate property preservation thru out US and that's what is done in Florida for unoccupied houses that are on the market but not selling for months and months

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  4. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    It is low 90s in Tucson..when our monsoons hit, we get a ton of rain in a short time...and 30% is not humidity..live in Florida or back east..heck, even CA has 50-60% humidity when it rains..cmon monsoooons.

5. arabianequine

arabianequine Crowing

Apr 4, 2010
    I wish it was that warm here. It should be warmer then it has been....what is the weather coming to?

6. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Songster

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i live in georgia.....[​IMG]

96 here too.no rain for 4 weeks.
    already got the fans on the chickens and soon to come are the shade covers.i don't usually do that until july/august.

7. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Here around Phx 105+ plus 80%+ humidity isn't unusual in monsoon. It's not really a dry heat, lol. Family from back east has visited during our monsoon and had to leave because it was nothing like they ever experienced. But they do have nice springs, lol.

8. Kitt

Kitt Songster

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I gave frozen veggies to my birds today and got the stink eye of the year. I guess they don't like their veggies cold. [​IMG]
    It was 101 when I gave it to them. I thought they would love it and gobble it up. Snobby little birds.[​IMG]

9. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I will gladly welcome the warmer weather. We had a frost advisory this morning! [​IMG] Course, by the time it warms up here, it will be time for winter again [​IMG]

10. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Its 53 here and beautiful, I hate really hot weather

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: