-_- for real...

Everyone has started to pitch in a TON! Well, because I just about broke down crying when I told my mom I have too much! She said she had no idea! And I'm thinking.....Yeah, RIGHT! >.< lol

Its good to know things are going better for you.
smile.png
But if your mom starts inching up back to the way it was (people will do this!), just start ordering pizza. Everyone can eat pizza until everyone else pitches in.
smile.png

Quote:
Haha! I don't know about pizza! Maybe something gross so they would start helping! :)
lol.png

lol.png
Yeah, but you don't have to cook one (if you order anyways) and even if it is really good, it gets REALLY old after a while.
wink.png

Ummm.. Pardon me... but as I was reading this my mind tried to connect some dots.. (and I could easily be wrong
tongue.png
) but... "Volunteer for 7 hours at thrift store" (not a normal *volunteer* type place).. plus extra chores... and my guess is punishment? If you are being punished for something, the best thing to do is get it done and get through it.

Second... not to sound terribly un-sympathetic, as I am... but your personal chores don't really count in a list of chores. I mean... think about it.. if your mom had to do her own laundry, you wouldn't count that with her chores, would you? You would still consider that she didn't do anything all day even though she put on a load of laundry?

So what I read is that you.... "volunteer" for 7 hours at a thrift store (not as long a shift as a paying job would be)... then you come home.. pets and personal hygeine aside... and you open up the fridge and cupboard onto food that your parents have paid for and make something you get to eat? So it doesen't sound all that neglectful of a situation to me. And then you clean up after everyone... that one I do consider a chore. A yucky one!
hugs.gif

With the other children in the household of sufficient ages... it really sounds like a punishment duty to me if you are the one being singled out. BUT if it has nothing to do with punishment... you should request a more even allotment of duties. When I was a teen, we had a family rule that whoever had to cook didn't have to do dishes... (even mom and dad) so everyone had a chance to sit down at some point in the evening. Also no one had to cook or clean 2 days in a row, it was someone elses turn. That way it was fair for everyone.

Quote:
Most non-chain thrift stores I know of rely on volunteer help, and many are non-profit (all profits going to some charity). But your post and one just a bit earlier caught my eye. The OP is 14 and she is working a 7 hour day of volunteering. THAT does not sound right. Why isn't she in school? And 7 hours of work is an awful lot for a 14 year old. I think that a lot of pertinent information is missing.

Quote:
Most non-chain thrift stores I know of rely on volunteer help, and many are non-profit (all profits going to some charity). But your post and one just a bit earlier caught my eye. The OP is 14 and she is working a 7 hour day of volunteering. THAT does not sound right. Why isn't she in school? And 7 hours of work is an awful lot for a 14 year old. I think that a lot of pertinent information is missing.

well theres a lot more then what i said..:)

Quote:
if you were my mom's kid, if you didn't fix dinner, you'd go hungry. and so would your younger brothers and sisters.
hmm.png

I think you should adopt me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom