a 16 gauge, #4's at 20 paces

stonykill

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Canaan Ny
stops a coon in it's tracks. Just sayin..............
wink.png

Fred's Hens :

Love the 16. Too bad they've fallen out of popularity. It's the right gauge between a 12 and a 20. May that coon RIP.

may that coon rot!

Single shot 16...my favorite weapon. Light, and you only need 1 shot​

sometimes my dogs bring me squirrels and I think it would only be fair to feed them back to the chickens. All they do is steal their food!

that's good to hear, stonykil, that you're stoppin' them 'coons! love it
i picked up a j c higgins sears roebuck single shot 16 gauge shotgun recently at a local pawn shop for $60. it's beat up all to hell but it shoots just fine. i walk around the yard with it (2 3/4" #6 Winchester) just waitin to see something just try for the birds
smile.png

6:30 last night, still good and light out....my Sumatra's let out their "there is a threat" noise. I walked outside, and look at them in a tree.They are staring onto the ground. Screaming their threat call. I look over, and there is a coon, in the pen I had the 5 week old ducks in 10 minutes earlier. By the time I grabbed the shotgun, he was behind the house. The last thing the coon did, and he ate his last meal of corn.....

It's the 1st coon I've even seen in 3 years since our last rabies epidemic . I was hoping they were all dead..... well there is one less now anyway...........

I have an ithica 16 featherlite, my favorite gun. It is old (I believe 49 or 59, first year of production) it is my favorite upland, it is so light. Though I can't find 4's around here, and all 16 ammo is incredible expensive.

Back
Top Bottom