A 21 day journey

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Balefire, May 26, 2011.

1. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Today my 2 parcel of hatching eggs arrived. So far everything looks fine. No broken egg and some eggs extra. Thank you 2 so much.
    The incubater is set and I'm now looking for temperature and huminity. I did a lot of resurch and now I'm confused. Is 100 ok or should it better be around 102? The huminity @ 65?
    I plan to put the eggs into the bater tomrow evening, So that the eggs got their 24h rest. Do I need to turn them tomorrow morning?
    So much question before the journey starts [​IMG]

2. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    What kind of incubator do you have? Still air or forced air?

3. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If you have a still air (like I do) temp should be 101.5. Forced air 99.5. Humidity for both should be around 40%.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Quote:I'm not going to say your wrong because most everybody on here will agree with you! However, the instructions I received with my LG Still Air says 99.5!! I have mine set there and I don't worry about humidity until lockdown! At lockdown I just add water to the spaces provided. I have always had a good hatch rate!

5. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Quote:I'm not going to say your wrong because most everybody on here will agree with you! However, the instructions I received with my LG Still Air says 99.5!! I have mine set there and I don't worry about humidity until lockdown! At lockdown I just add water to the spaces provided. I have always had a good hatch rate!

I was thinking about doing dry incubation, but I'm on my first hatch and I have 25 eggs at stake. Next hatch will only have a few eggs so I can try it and see how it goes for me.

6. Balefire

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Quote:It is a still air bater with eggturner, so I need to see, that I git that 101,5 and around 40% huminity.

Thank you so mych for your help

7. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Quote:It is a still air bater with eggturner, so I need to see, that I git that 101,5 and around 40% huminity.

Thank you so mych for your help

No problem. Have fun hatching! [​IMG]

8. Balefire

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    So the Journey starts @ 5.45 pm...................hope we will be sucessfull [​IMG]
    I kepp you posted [​IMG]

9. Balefire

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    To get something to do, I was @ Lowes and rescued some plants....................and now I look like this again [​IMG]..............................................................[​IMG]

10. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I feel your pain. We had a lot of planting to do for the past few days. Now I have nothing to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by