A bad ending šŸ˜”

Dusti Tice

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2019
Booneville Ms
So as some of you might know I set 54 eggs in the incubator, 15 were infertile/ werenā€™t developing. Anyways fast forward everything seems normal and none of them hatched and it is day 24.. I already have thrown them out and they all look severely underdeveloped. Any thoughts?

So as some of you might know I set 54 eggs in the incubator, 15 were infertile/ werenā€™t developing. Anyways fast forward everything seems normal and none of them hatched and it is day 24.. I already have thrown them out and they all look severely underdeveloped. Any thoughts?

I can't tell from the information that you've given but, I would presume that it is an incubator issue. You should have had, at least, some hatch with 39 fertile eggs in the incubator. Guessing, at this point, I would think that the temperature is too low or very inconsistent. What type of incubator do you have and how many back up thermometers are you using?

How many thermometers were calibrated and did you also purchase a separate humidity gauge and salt test it?

I can't tell from the information that you've given but, I would presume that it is an incubator issue. You should have had, at least, some hatch with 39 fertile eggs in the incubator. Guessing, at this point, I would think that the temperature is too low or very inconsistent. What type of incubator do you have and how many back up thermometers are you using?
I have the ā€œlittle giant 9300 still airā€ and I cracked open 2 on the concrete to see inside and they looked severely undeveloped.. can I post pics on here or is it too graphic?

I used that very incubator for 2 batches of chickens and quail. They are very unreliable and inconsistent. There are upgrades to make them forced air but, I ended up building my own for about $100. I still use the egg turner from the Little Giant but, everything else is mine and had great luck. Gave the foam incubators away.

I use a little giant still air styrofoam incubator and I have had numerous 100% hatches.

You need to get to know your incubator before you set eggs again.

Get at least 4 thermometer and calibrate them, learn your cool and hot spots.

I have the ā€œlittle giant 9300 still airā€ and I cracked open 2 on the concrete to see inside and they looked severely undeveloped.. can I post pics on here or is it too graphic?
Sure you can post pictures but all this is going to confirm is that it quit growing.
Probably from a heat spike.

I use a little giant still air styrofoam incubator and I have had numerous 100% hatches.

You need to get to know your incubator before you set eggs again.

Get at least 4 thermometer and calibrate them, learn your cool and hot spots.
So with cool and hot spots will that mean some eggs will not hatch and others will?

I used that very incubator for 2 batches of chickens and quail. They are very unreliable and inconsistent. There are upgrades to make them forced air but, I ended up building my own for about $100. I still use the egg turner from the Little Giant but, everything else is mine and had great luck. Gave the foam incubators away.
This is sucky news.. I was happy with the progress of this one (before I knew that none would hatch) I ordered ANOTHER. So I guess now I have 2 sucky incubators.

Back
Top Bottom