a bargain @ 18.5 million?

Quote:
lau.gif
.... 3 small boys will "soften" anything!
lau.gif

I dont like how long and skinny it is. And Im with the other who said who wants to clean over 10,000 sq ft! When you finish its time to start over!!
barnie.gif

Guess If I had that much money Id hire someone to do it though
roll.png

If I was to spend 18 mill on a house you best believe IM designing it the way I want. Not some weird piece of "art"

Oh I love it! That is so my style... modern and lacking in STUFF. More land then I would know what to do with. Just image all the chickens!?!?!

Ok, you want to see indulgent?!
http://preferredassociates.northcarolina.remax.com/PropertySearch/ListingDetail.aspx?lid=64960994

If it lets you look (sometimes it makes people sign in with an account)

This home is in the family so to speak, my husband's uncle's. We do dinner there occasionally as my daughter loves to visit 'The Castle'.

My first thought was that it looked like a nice, long, commercial chicken coop or barn. While the view is great, I couldn't live in a house that cold. Insides looked like a professional building or doctor's office. Can't imagine a bunch of little kids running around, my family crashing every holiday, the chickens, lamb, cats and dogs all running in like they do here whenever the door is opened. Nope, for me a home has to be inviting and comfortable for all.

I kind of like it; keeping in mind of course, that if you can spend almost 20 mil on a house, you won't be cleaning it yourself. I would love any waterfront property in the Pacific Northwest. If anyone has a mansion or a fish shack they are willing to give me, I'd take it.

I like it better than many of the high end homes I see around here. At least it is original and unique. Most of the multimillion dollar homes in the Austin area look like the are just a upsized version of the builders standard designs. There is little unique and interesting about the architecture. Few of the homes seem to be designed with the space or climate even considered. I was recently on a hilltop overlooking all the large riverfront homes....somehow a Tuder style home, with formal Itallianate gardens just doesn't seem to fit the landscape, climate and attitude of the surrounding Austin area. A large farm style home, mission style or something showing the German influences in Central Texas seems more sensible.

Back
Top Bottom