A Belated Hello from Vegas

danielnv

Songster
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
Mountains of Virginia
Hello,

I've been on here a couple months now, so it's about time I introduced myself!

We had chickens when I was a kid growing up, but I just tried incubating some myself when I joined here, and hatched out the GC Maran pullet on my avatar plus a khaki campbell.

Shortly after they hatched, I set some more eggs in the incubator (a mix of 40 eggs I found on here) and had 5 hatch which I guess isn't that bad considering they came all the way from New Hampshire. 2 of them are blue cochins, hopefully pullets
fl.gif
, 2 weeks old now. I think I also have a Jersey Giant, a silkie, and not sure about the other bantam chick.

And since I've gotten addicted already
jumpy.gif
I have the incubator full of muscovies, pheasants, and assorted chicken breeds right now!

So that's a grand total of 6 chickens and 1 duck plus plenty more in the oven (and developing nicely, I might add).

I found out about BYC by googling chickens when I was starting out, and then I became a member as suggested by Pasofino Farms (where I got my gcm eggs on ebay)

I am also a gardening nut with about 60 rose bushes in my front yard and tons of irises, etc. I have a mini orchard planted also, and the vegetable garden is in the works right now.

I am single unless you count all my furkids: akita, 3 cats, 2 cockatoos, severe macaw, and aviary full of 40-50 budgies. Oh yeah, and the 2 nigerian dwarf does I got recently so I will have my own supply of raw milk!

As you can guess, I want to move back to the country to have a real farm, but I'm making do for now.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Thurmont MD.

Never give up on that dream. I was rasied with animals. When I got married 19 years ago, my wife knew that my long term plan was to have land and ultimately to have animals. Well it took almost 13 years, but we have lived here for almost 6 and I have my land and animals, along with my wife and three wonderful boys. And I love every minute I spend her.

Back
Top Bottom