A Bielefelder Thread !

Stonewall is a lucky dude with all those pretty gals in his harem.
wink.png

Is anyone working on a Club or a set of Standards for the Bielefelders? We are probably going to start showing some of ours this fall or next spring in some of the shows that allow "Back Yard" breeds. We enjoy showing in those classes to get exposure for the newer breeds. We would love to be able to show them in the APA shows.

Thanks,
Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL
Arp, Texas

I was just wondering, how much feed does everyone's bielefelders consume? With my six, 9 week old bieles, they've eaten about half or over half a 50lb bag of stater/grower crumbles. They've had access to the yard, where they eat all kinds of plants and bugs.

I was just wondering, how much feed does everyone's bielefelders consume? With my six, 9 week old bieles, they've eaten about half or over half a 50lb bag of stater/grower crumbles. They've had access to the yard, where they eat all kinds of plants and bugs.
The Biele's are a heavy consumer of the groceries while young. Mine did level off when they got older. On the bonus side, my three girls have been the most consistent layers in my entire flock - even through winter, and a couple of them produce double yolks. They are also the biggest birds in the flock. But I have to admit - the food bill in the beginning was...
ep.gif

Is anyone working on a Club or a set of Standards for the Bielefelders? We are probably going to start showing some of ours this fall or next spring in some of the shows that allow "Back Yard" breeds. We enjoy showing in those classes to get exposure for the newer breeds. We would love to be able to show them in the APA shows.

Thanks,

Ernie Haire
Poultry 2XL
Arp, Texas
When I bred treeing walker coonhounds I started the coffee county hounds man association and have been seriously considering starting a club for the Bielefelders. We would really need a dedicated core group to get things off the ground. Who would be interested in joining??

The Biele's are a heavy consumer of the groceries while young. Mine did level off when they got older. On the bonus side, my three girls have been the most consistent layers in my entire flock - even through winter, and a couple of them produce double yolks. They are also the biggest birds in the flock. But I have to admit - the food bill in the beginning was...
ep.gif
Mine make really big poops. I look at it and it looks like it came from a medium sized dog. I was worried they were eating to much. I let them have food all day and night, and sometimes their crops look so big, it looks like they will fall over. But then they just eat and eat and eat.....One of my girls actually lays down when she eats the grass, lol. She is the biggest one to, i think she may be the boss at the moment.

ep.gif

I've experienced the same thing. Mine were very hearty eaters until about a month ago when they reached the age of 12-14 weeks. Now they seem to prefer to forage more and have even left some of the fermented feed in their food dish in favor of grass/greens and insects.

Last edited:
When I bred treeing walker coonhounds I started the coffee county hounds man association and have been seriously considering starting a club for the Bielefelders. We would really need a dedicated core group to get things off the ground. Who would be interested in joining??

I might be interested in this...though I live quite a ways away from you.

Back
Top Bottom