A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Congrats to those who have new Bielefelders , either hatched or bought. Yes, even the roosters are very gentle. That can be a bad thing! I have 12 to 15 roosters in 1 pen. They get along 95% of the time. I had 1 Bielefelder rooster that was too gentle. Every now and then other roosters would jump him, he would just lay there and take it. He is with some hens being the only rooster in the pen now.

My Bielefelder, Rhodebar, and Cream Legbars hens have turned out to be very broody. I have 2 Bielefelder hens, 1 Rhodebar, and 1 Cream Legbar in a pen without nest boxes. It has been right at 2 weeks now, I will probably put them back with nest boxes in next day or 2. Then I have another Bielefelder and Rhodebar hens that I need to put in there place.

That is hilarious! I just got some chicks, do they eat a lot more than normal? Due to their size?
Yes they will eat a lot until they reach full size. Then it levels off. You might also want to give them a little more protein. I give mine cooked scrambled eggs as I have a surplus of eggs.

Mine are all hatched, zipped out like greased lightening, 5 hen chicks & 3 cockerels this hatch.
Perfect hatch !

I am very excited about this breed !

wee.gif

HI Chickie Lady!
I love this breed also. We've decided, after having these Bielefelders, to make this one of our main breeds here. (did you get yours from Anna?). I keep saying- these are my favorite breeds- from all that I have raised. Also, all of my hatches have been sold by the time they hatched except this last batch. Right now I have 5 chicks left that are 2 weeks old that are unsold, and another hatch on it's way.

I purchased my first Bielefelder pullet 5 weeks ago as a day old. She is darling. I have a question though. Are they kind of "fluffed" in appearance? She eats & drinks well and appears active, however, she looks what I'd describe as fluffed. Is that normal? I'll try and post a photo this evening.

I purchased my first Bielefelder pullet 5 weeks ago as a day old. She is darling. I have a question though. Are they kind of "fluffed" in appearance? She eats & drinks well and appears active, however, she looks what I'd describe as fluffed. Is that normal? I'll try and post a photo this evening.

seems like a photo is needed. They are BIG chickens, so unsure what you mean by "fluffed?"

Back
Top Bottom