A Bielefelder Thread !

Oh no! Really??? I'm due to get 2 cockerels and 4 pullets from them in February, along with 3 Black Copper Marans. Did you call them on the CLs? Any response? Have you talked to them about your disappointment with the Biels? They have been such a pleasure to work with, It'd be a shame the quality wasn't there anymore...

I am thrilled to report that at least one of my Biel girls has FINALLY begun to lay eggs again.
celebrate.gif
Wonderful news! Hope the others join in soon.!

I thought about the situation with breeding out of still small gene-pool and maybe you can organize a eggs swap this spring. I know that this is not the most practical thing b/c of the big distances between you and the next breeder, but this could help to sort out some of the bigger flaws by bringing in a little more gene deversity.

Wonderful news! Hope the others join in soon.!

I thought about the situation with breeding out of still small gene-pool and maybe you can organize a eggs swap this spring. I know that this is not the most practical thing b/c of the big distances between you and the next breeder, but this could help to sort out some of the bigger flaws by bringing in a little more gene deversity.

I'm honestly trying to decide if I should pursue working with this breed, despite how much I love them. I think our intense Arizona summers are just too hard on them. I'm going to try moving them to a different pen this summer that provides more natural outdoor shade to see if that helps, but if it doesn't I'll just have to enjoy the birds in my flock for as long as they live and focus my efforts on other breeds.

Oh no! Really??? I'm due to get 2 cockerels and 4 pullets from them in February, along with 3 Black Copper Marans. Did you call them on the CLs? Any response? Have you talked to them about your disappointment with the Biels? They have been such a pleasure to work with, It'd be a shame the quality wasn't there anymore...

I have been very pleased with the bieles I got from GFF. In fact I was dissapointed with som I got from a different breeder and sold them so I could get more from GFF.

I have been very pleased with the bieles I got from GFF. In fact I was dissapointed with som I got from a different breeder and sold them so I could get more from GFF.
I got my Biels from Feels Right Farm. I love them and Feels Right Farm is breeding GFF. I love GFF. I would not hesitate to buy from them.

Josette at GFF is helpful and very nice. I send question emails to the order email address, always get a prompt reply.

I got my Biels from Feels Right Farm.  I love them and Feels Right Farm is breeding GFF.  I love GFF.  I would not hesitate to buy from them.

Josette at GFF is helpful and very nice.  I send question emails to the order email address, always get a prompt reply.  

I'm planing on ordering a few chicks from them this summer at some point.

On a side note has anyone been keeping records of their bieles weight . I would like to know where mine stand since this if my first time raising chicks in my basemen with no outside access.

I'm planing on ordering a few chicks from them this summer at some point.

On a side note has anyone been keeping records of their bieles weight . I would like to know where mine stand since this if my first time raising chicks in my basemen with no outside access.

I keep records on all of my birds, so...yes. Just let me know what you need.
smile.png

Good to hear! Josette has been WONDERFUL! As good Marans are tough to come by, we are getting three of their certified flock Copper Marans as well. We are soooo excited!

Back
Top Bottom