A Bielefelder Thread !

gig.gif
Deelyflopper???
lau.gif

Gorgeous pink egg! Not sure about the Biels laying it. They take longer to start laying. Mine were almost 2 months behind the BO, the Brahma, Wyandottes and Australorp!

The first one started at 6 months, the second at 7 months! Worth the wait. I wish that I had started with more of them, but I have 2 more now.
love.gif

Well I love Deelyflopper! I just usually shorten it and say Biels...BEELS, like eels with a "b"...don't know if I'm right or wrong? I may switch to Deelyflopper!
lau.gif

Love Deelyflopper! But I was told to pronounce it Bee-la-felder, so that's what I do. But I also almost always say Biels!

Love Deelyflopper! But I was told to pronounce it Bee-la-felder, so that's what I do. But I also almost always say Biels!
When I speak text I get all kinds of great names. Bible feelers, belt filters and so on. Yes.... it is B-la-fell-der according to Bine. I love the name. I even greet them in the morning as my B-la-fell-ders!

Okay, folks. Um, thanks for clearing that up. At least I won't look like a total ninny when I tell people what kind of chickens I have. But since nobody seemed to object to Deelyflopper, think I'll stick to that around home.

Now, let's just hope he hatches!!!

OK, I been quiet but finally have time to show you the F-3 babies, some of them anyways ! This is the F-2s bred back to a full Bielelefder, and we have these silvery gray babies, right in the center, and top left is a regular biel They are very silvery gray, and have a very dark V on their heads...very prominate, very black, not dark brown at all, in the pic below you can compare them to a regular Bielefelder two silvery gray hen chicks right in the center..".kissing"......:p Notice the silvery-gray one in this box of regulars.........man oh man do I need like 4 more coops................have to build some breeding pens quickly for these guys to keep them separate.
Oh! So! Cute!
Okay, folks. Um, thanks for clearing that up. At least I won't look like a total ninny when I tell people what kind of chickens I have. But since nobody seemed to object to Deelyflopper, think I'll stick to that around home. Now, let's just hope he hatches!!!
I love Deelyflopper!

Back
Top Bottom