A Bielefelder Thread !

^ I would be interested in knowing how much older bielefelders go for as well. I plan to sell hatchlings, but you know what they say about plans....
roll.png

Here a picture of Mildred and Sgt. Schultz using their human mommy (me) as a jungle gym. I'd swear these birds think they are parrots, but my parakeet isn't even this cuddly.
love.gif
Now I gotta get a picture with the other two on me as well--Gertrude and Hilda are gonna feel left out...lol.

Well bad news
1f61e.png
, out of the 18 Bielefelder eggs I placed into the incubator last week 17 are clear "infertile". May try with the Bielefelders again come next Spring.
1f603.png

Awww...I'm really sorry to hear that, and sad to admit that I can totally empathize. Biel eggs, even my really, really fertile ones, have been the absolute hardest for me to hatch. Not only did the vast majority of my purchased Biel eggs fail to hatch, but even my own pure Biel eggs have been hard to hatch. My only successes have come from Biel crosses, which have all turned out to be wonderful birds, but they're just not the same.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have better luck in the future.
fl.gif

^ I would be interested in knowing how much older bielefelders go for as well. I plan to sell hatchlings, but you know what they say about plans....
roll.png

Here a picture of Mildred and Sgt. Schultz using their human mommy (me) as a jungle gym. I'd swear these birds think they are parrots, but my parakeet isn't even this cuddly.
love.gif
Now I gotta get a picture with the other two on me as well--Gertrude and Hilda are gonna feel left out...lol.

So cute! You're really gonna love it when they reach 8-12 lbs and still want to do that.
wink.png
(I'm speaking from experience here.)

I got my Charlie, formerly know an "Charlotte" when I went to a feed store for supplies about a month ago. He was just 5 months old. I integrated him into my older girls (4 years) group and he has just proven to be everything said about the breed. He is nice, calm and solicitous to his hens. I now have him about a month and am so happy with my decision to come home with him. He is such a joy. I always pick him up, offer treats from hand and even if I pick up one of the girls, he is watchful but not aggressive. I even have dremmeld his nails without a problem! I can see a difference in my 4 girls. They are more relaxed, no more feather picking and no squabbles whatsoever. This is a great breed that will certainly be in my future flock. I only wish I had known sooner about this delightful breed!

I got my Charlie, formerly know an "Charlotte" when I went to a feed store for supplies about a month ago. He was just 5 months old. I integrated him into my older girls (4 years) group and he has just proven to be everything said about the breed. He is nice, calm and solicitous to his hens. I now have him about a month and am so happy with my decision to come home with him. He is such a joy. I always pick him up, offer treats from hand and even if I pick up one of the girls, he is watchful but not aggressive. I even have dremmeld his nails without a problem! I can see a difference in my 4 girls. They are more relaxed, no more feather picking and no squabbles whatsoever. This is a great breed that will certainly be in my future flock. I only wish I had known sooner about this delightful breed!

Very handsome! Biels, IMO, are SIMPLY THE BEST of breeds! Welcome to the NAB (Nuts Abourt Biels) club!!!!!

My big beautiful Biele - named Hen Solo
Hard to appreciate her massive size in this pic

She got her name because she was the only pure biele that hatched this spring..... and b/c DS likes Star Wars. (My friends' Biele roo fertilized the BSLs w/o problem, so my guess was that most of the clear eggs probably came from the biele hens.)

She's a flock favorite. Hopefully we'll see that 1st egg next month.

Even more good news..... I saw craigslist ad for Biele chicks, and he's only a 30 min drive from here. I introduced myself via email & have his contact info if I decide to hatch next spring!

My big beautiful Biele - named Hen Solo
Hard to appreciate her massive size in this pic

She got her name because she was the only pure biele that hatched this spring..... and b/c DS likes Star Wars. (My friends' Biele roo fertilized the BSLs w/o problem, so my guess was that most of the clear eggs probably came from the biele hens.)

She's a flock favorite. Hopefully we'll see that 1st egg next month.

Even more good news..... I saw craigslist ad for Biele chicks, and he's only a 30 min drive from here. I introduced myself via email & have his contact info if I decide to hatch next spring!

She's a beauty - no doubt about that! Isn't it funny that even in one's favorite breed (BIELS for me!) there is one that is just a bit more special than the others? And that's pretty hard to explain because IMO ALL Biels are super special!

Here is a pic of some of my birds. Just curious how the roosters of this breed usually act. Right now my cockerel is almost always right by my feet. He has not tried anything but eith his size, i think he is a little intimadating to my young son. I slso have a niederheinner roo but he just kind of observes from farther away. Neither of them come up for pets or anything which is fine by me. Not sure if i should try to rehome any or not. What has your experience been anyone with boys who have acted aimilar? How did they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom