A Bielefelder Thread !

@PeepersMama I'm in Eastern Iowa with some birds that I plan on hatching out from in February/March. PM me if you are interested - I can also send some pictures of my parent stock. My birds got all honorable mentions and champion breeding pair at county fair.
ETA - If you are looking to hatch your own sooner, I got eggs from the ebay seller "skywalker2136" and they not only sent extra eggs, but packaged them better than any eggs I'd ever been shipped. I think the seller is around the Chicago area, and the eggs were fairly priced. (about a 70% hatch rate, and the birds are very close to, if not SOP)

Last edited:
I recently purchased eggs from a gentleman in Illinois...they are in the incubator so I can't vouch for the quality, but he says he's been working to breed correct Biels. If he's close enough, might be worth a shot.

I live in Colorado, out on the front range. Illinois is a heck of a lot closer than Massachusetts though. :lol: I'll look him up!

@PeepersMama I'm in Eastern Iowa with some birds that I plan on hatching out from in February/March. PM me if you are interested - I can also send some pictures of my parent stock. My birds got all honorable mentions and champion breeding pair at county fair.
ETA - If you are looking to hatch your own sooner, I got eggs from the ebay seller "skywalker2136" and they not only sent extra eggs, but packaged them better than any eggs I'd ever been shipped. I think the seller is around the Chicago area, and the eggs were fairly priced. (about a 70% hatch rate, and the birds are very close to, if not SOP)
Ooh! I just might take you up on that!
Mk... Awesome. Thank you guys so much!

Hi, someone probably already asked/answered this but i don't want to sift through 533 pages, lol.
I have a 15wk cockerel Bielefelder, he is growing enough to notice week by week. I was curious at what age you cockerels started crowing, and at what age were they fully feathered out (rooster looking).
Thanks!

Hi, someone probably already asked/answered this but i don't want to sift through 533 pages, lol.
I have a 15wk cockerel Bielefelder, he is growing enough to notice week by week. I was curious at what age you cockerels started crowing, and at what age were they fully feathered out (rooster looking).
Thanks!

The youngest one of my Biel cockerels began crowing was 3 weeks of age with most of them waiting until around 10 weeks. They were all feathered out by 6 months of age.

Oh ok, thanks, i guess my guy is a little behind the curve. Only one other cockerel and 24 pullets/hens in the flock, and no other roosters nearby so maybe he just doesn't know he's supposed to yet... I'm just excited for him to grow up; they are cool looking birds. Right now I have a mish mash of breeds, but eventually i may start up a flock of strictly Biels. I looked up that skywalker guy's page on ebay and he has pretty reasonable prices and good reviews...

I got some skywalker eggs...all 11 were fertile, 7 chicks hatched and another died during pipping. Hatched Chrismas day, so I can't attest to SOP.
Keep us updated on the chicks' development. He lives pretty close to me, so I've been debating getting some of his chicks. (My Biele died last summer, so I no longer have them.)

I got some skywalker eggs...all 11 were fertile, 7 chicks hatched and another died during pipping. Hatched Chrismas day, so I can't attest to SOP.

This is great guys! Thanks for the feedback. I was just looking at this seller’s eggs tonight, and I think I’m going to go for them. I have one roo and 5 girls, but the girls are a few years old, and I’m not sure how productive they are, since I just got them in the fall. I’m trying to add some new blood into mix so I can breed them and sell some locally. I love mine!

Last edited:
Here is my beautiful Fritz, first picture is when he was younger, he has filled out more now. Two Biele hens can be seen in the front. I’m sure they are not up to breed standard, but they are lovely backyard chickens. :love

F172DFC1-85FE-406F-9EA5-A05BF9FDDFA4.jpeg

E86BE29C-4C8C-451D-8E2D-0458B96F4060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom