A Big Change For DeKalb County Ga Ordinance

Flock Master because of redistricting or rezoning problems it was mentioned "till we fix this problem we can't get to the chickens, people want chickens" "chuckle chuckle". WTH!! I am going to take a chance start with 4 to 6 hens, hate it, 1 acre cul du sac, no neighbor in the rear, neighbors on the right are cool as hell, vacant house on the right. No neighbors can see in my back yard partial nude all summer lol I know I know TMI, LOL. I am taking the risk yup starting my coop this week at lease breaking ground.. Yup!

I hear you. We all heard the chicken jokes and chuckles from certain city council members at official meetings. Those were the ones that voted "no." City council and mayor elections are coming up soon. There's a push to get the anti chicken councilmen outta there.
Make sure you give your neighbors a dozen eggs, it'll pay off for you, and good luck.

Today????!?!?!?!! The meeting is tonight. 6:30pm. I got.multiple confirmations of this. I have 50+ people coming tonight. Please call me and tell me what happened this morning. 678-851-8856

Urgent!!! I just got off the phone with the Zoning Administrator for DeKalb county. She said, the board met this morning, in preparation for tonight's meeting, and all but AGREED with no public input, to DEFER this vote until February or March, but IT IS NOT OVER!!!

PLEASE!!!! If you can come tonight, come. It is NOT in the bag. We need your presence!
Wear white, or yellow, and be ready to shine your loving light on our policy makers! I am.

TONIGHT! 6:30pm Maloof Auditorium
1300 Commerce Dr. Decatur, GA

Anne-Marie Anderson writes: Once again, the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners tonight moved to defer the vote to adopt the updated zoning ordinances for DeKalb County, which includes the update to allow chickens on lots of under 2 acres. It makes no sense that a clause which causes no controversery whatsover at this point continues to be delayed because of wider issues, and therefore DeKalb residents continue to be cited for illegal chicken ownership, and forced to get rid of their pet birds (parrots and other birds are OK. Just chickens aren't currently allowed because they are classified as livestock). I will be working with Dawn Rush, who spoke movingly abo.ut the anguish caused to her family, to see if we can't find some way forward. If you would like to be involve (especially if you have any experience in lobbying at county level), please email me at [email protected].

Yesterday i attended the Board of Commissioner's meeting and had the opportunity to address the body. Also after the meeting the ICEO met with me, interesting never the less. We spoke about the needs the wants and the desires to own BackYard Chickens, believe it or not he was for it and informed me to obtain all the email address of the Commissioners of Dekalb county and began a campaign to have the Ordinance dealing with Chickens separated for the District zoning ordinance. Please if you leave in Dekalb County and keep chickens or want to keep chickens please send an email to each of the Commissioners while my statement is still fresh in their minds. Get this after my little 3 min address to the commissioners Fox 5, 11 alive and crossroads newspaper wanted an interview with me talking about coming to my house to take pictures while i feed the chickens, riiiiiiight like i am going to show the news people where i live so they could tell the code cops out to take me and my chickens to jail or heavy fines lol.

Dear Mr. Hargrove:

I’d love to follow-up on your comments yesterday regarding backyard chickens. Please give me a call when you can to talk about some options for a possible story—404-545-5127 (cell).
Have you been talking to anyone with the county about this? What do the rules say now?

I look forward to talking with you. I think this is a really interesting issue.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Leslie
11Alive News
404-545-5127--cell

hi, did the ordinances for chickens get changed in DeKalb? Looking to buy a house in Dekalb/Gwinett/Decatur area, looks difficult to meet criteria of 2-3 acres and 100 ft from property line

What do I need to do to assure this ordinance gets revised in favor of "The Girls".
Please define next step actions to be taken.
I purchased 6 baby chickens 1 month ago at a Blue Ridge Feed Store after reviewing Dekalb County Ordinance Residential and Land Usage Authorizations and Specifications.
And...verified this with Code Enforcement Division and getting a Go Signal.
Now, with this recent turn of events, I am horrified at the thought of having to get rid of "The Girls".

What can WE do to move this to No Quandry No Question?1?

Back
Top Bottom