A bit confused here

mviera101

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
S. Fla
So we have 4 ambassador hens who we've hatched and are raising at my school. They were all born in the first week of December. So we were counting on eggs coming in June. Much to our surprise , someone began laying green eggs . We have two red sex links who will lay brown eggs , so not them. A Black Australorp , Oreo who will lay brown as well. Our last girl is a White Rock, Charley. The question is ... is the Australorp not an Australorp ? or is the White Rock an EE? Any ideas? Thank you

IMG_4259.jpg
IMG_4257.jpg

So we have 4 ambassador hens who we've hatched and are raising at my school. They were all born in the first week of December. So we were counting on eggs coming in June. Much to our surprise , someone began laying green eggs . We have two red sex links who will lay brown eggs , so not them. A Black Australorp , Oreo who will lay brown as well. Our last girl is a White Rock, Charley. The question is ... is the Australorp not an Australorp ? or is the White Rock an EE? Any ideas? Thank you

View attachment 2627012 View attachment 2627015
Your black girl doesn't look like an Australorp to me ~ but there are some differences between the US & Oz so I may be wrong.

The black one goes not look to have a single comb, andBA have single combs. So, could be an EE.
Interesting, she's all black , a gorgeous black with hints of green and blue. She has a deep dark face and a pea comb. A black EE ? that makes sense because she's the oldest.

Back
Top Bottom