tfpets

Mmm, tastes like chicken
13 Years
Jan 7, 2008
N.Cali/Chico/Forest Ranch
big_smile.png
The Blues contest
big_smile.png

I am fascinated with any Poultry in the color range of BLUE. I have found BYC to be the best place in the world to learn about the different varieties of poultry, and I have others that are willing to enable my addiction to poultry also! Thank you!

This contest is to give myself and others a chance to see some of the breeds in their finest BLUE feathers....Any Breed of Poultry is okay, and any shade of Blue including Splashes is alright, the breed need not be pure, but I would be interested, if known, of the identity of the parent stock.

Your choice of prizes include wooden eggs, chicken fabric potholders, or a custom made chicken saddle!

(I will PM individuals for their addresses as necessary)

Hopefully this contest is different and fun for everyone who enters...Here are the rules:

1. The contest is limited to Poultry, but you can enter any breed or gender as long as it is primarily BLUE in color.

2. Enter as many birds as you like, but keep a reasonable amount of pics per posting, to keep our dial up friends in mind, it bogs down the servers!

3. A picture of the birds and the "Entry Form" (copy and paste this into your entry and fill it out) are requested.

Entry Form

Name (if possible):
Age (if possible):
Fun Facts or Story:

4. Pictures will be judged based on representation of type, photo quality, and originality of the bird.

Time Period:
This contest will run until November 15, 2008.

The Judge is- Tina/tfpets - Thank you for your support!

Have fun!

Last edited:
Name (if possible): Blue, Black, and Splash Cochin Breeding Pen
Age (if possible): 18 - 22 months
Fun Facts or Story: These birds were from McKinney and Govero before they liquidated their stock. They were awesome birds. The splash rooster hated me. (If the Splash rooster doesn't count as "blue" then you can throw him out.)

BlueCochinsnew.jpg

BlueCochinTrionew.jpg

SplashCochinRoosternew.jpg

SplashCochinnew.jpg

Name (if possible): Blue-laced Red Wyandotte Breeding Pen
Age (if possible): 18 - 22 months
Fun Facts or Story: These wonderful birds were also from McKinney and Govero. They were beautiful birds. I had two breeding pens. One blue rooster and one splash rooster on hens of all three colors. One of the original hens had a single comb. I also had a blue rooster from English lines. He was the only rooster I had that actually had a traditional, five syllable crow, "Cock-a-doo-dle-doo"! (Again if the splashes don't count then just ignore them.)

Blue-lacedRedWyandottePullet.jpg

Blue-lacedRedWyandotteTrio.jpg

BLRW2new.jpg

BLRnew.jpg

BLRWyandottesnew.jpg

Last edited:
My first blue Orpington, Sapphire, at age 3 days... she was Velvet and Suede's baby...
She was a snuggler. Sadly, she passed from an advanced case of Cocci at 7 weeks...

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

Blue/Black/Splash Orpington babies, 2 days, from Korfus Kluckers' flock.
IMG_3139.jpg

Bronson, my Blue Silkie roo... ~ 5 months
IMG_3079.jpg

He's the dominant roo of the bunch, and is very protective of his ladies without being agressive.
smile.png

Blue silkie pullet from Estes hatchery

Name :Fluff
Fun Facts or Story: shes my only silkie girl and spoild rotten!! she loves apples and will do tricks for one!

This is her 3 month old pic but shes 4 months old now!

Bluepulletsilk.jpg

Name (if possible): Bonnie (blue Silkie hen)
Age (if possible): 1 year
Fun Facts or Story: She's my only Silkie hen and has to wear a saddle since she is also me EE rooster's favorite gal! She's also a wonderful mommy and adopts everything, including 6-wk-old chicks.

15626_101_1152.jpg

15626_101_1234.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom