A brothers love

JennaV

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Hi my name is Jennifer and im new to the site, I was raised in northern Ohio, spent most of my life on a farm, I'm 38 and 2 months ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I moved to Southern Alabama almost 4 yrs ago, my older brother Tim moved in with me over 2 yrs ago. When I came home with the news of cancer my brother was devastated.....( I will survive this!!!) anyway he being a custom home builder asked me what I wanted more than anything, my reply was a chicken coop LOL Ive been asking and asking for years, so he being the absolute building material hoarder that he is started building the coop of my dreams 2 weeks ago. were not finished yet but I can give you the dimensions of the coop 16x20 and the attached hen house is 8x11 there will also be another attached hen house on the other side of the coop once it is all moved (I just bought the half acre next door to me) so we have plans on moving the entire coop to that site) with a front enclosed garden space of 30 feet long 20 feet wide all with raised beds and pathways. so far between the salvaged material and what we had to purchase we have almost 1000 dollars into it. I will continue to post as we get further to the finished product, the middle enclosure Aviary with cupola is 15 feet high so it will give my girls who like to roost high plenty of space.

thanks for looking at my coop my brother said if anyone is interested he can give specific plans and dimensions as well as instructions of how to build the coop especially for any big brother who wants to build their little sister a chicken coop ;)

Hello from OREGON!
welcome-byc.gif

That's not a chicken coop....that's a chicken PALACE!!

I am beyond impressed...WOW! How many chickens in your flock?

I have 32 little biddies at the moment but I will give some to my friend so I should have only 20 when its said and done and thank you for the kind words my brother has worked so hard on this project and im so proud of him.

LOL my brother wanted me to add, we hired out only 5 hours of the painting, he has done the rest from building to MOST of the painting.

That is amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product. How lucky you are to have such a loving and thoughtful brother. Good luck with your journey kicking the cancer:)

most of the time he is a real pain in the rear but this time he has really outdone himself and thank you for the kind wishes, I will keep the pics coming as he gets closer to the finished product

Back
Top Bottom