A Cancelled Order

dzros

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2020
I just ordered from Metzer Farms (which I have before) I accidentally ordered 10 ducklings but I only have room for about 5 is there anyway to edit a placed order before its been shipped because I have tried contacting the Metzer Farms email for help about 3 days ago still didnt answer my email. Should I call them or what should i do if I only want them to send 5 of the ducklings I do not even need a refund just not enough room that is all thank you.

Metzer Farms Customer

I would call them, but if it’s been that many days it’s likely that you won’t be able to get your order changed since it’s ducklings we’re talking about. Depending on where you live though, it probably wouldn’t be to hard to rehome them. In the future, try and make sure you order the right amount, because the more babies in a box, the more likely one or more will get trampled. Good luck! Avery

I would call them, but if it’s been that many days it’s likely that you won’t be able to get your order changed since it’s ducklings we’re talking about. Depending on where you live though, it probably wouldn’t be to hard to rehome them. In the future, try and make sure you order the right amount, because the more babies in a box, the more likely one or more will get trampled. Good luck! Avery

Thank You so much for the fast reply I really appreciate it. They should let you view and manage your orders in a little better layout just would be more helpful for goofs like me who accidentally order extra ducklings lol.

I live in Ohio I have a nice little stream that is heavily wooded off you think the 5 mallard ducklings when they get to a certain age would be just fine to survive there. There is many minos (that seem big enough to provide the nutrition a duck would need in the wild) crayfish and bugs.

So you plan to just let your Mallards go to this little stream no house for them at all? they may last a month they may not. Although being able to fly will help them hopefully get away from a predator. But sleeping out in the open at night doesn't even give flyers much of a chance of escape. Domestic ducks including domestic Mallards need shelter and security and fed by us humans that take on the responsibility of raising them from almost hatch till adults. And even after.

If you sent them an email 3 days ago explaining you only want 5 ducklings instead of 10 just call tomorrow and make sure they cancelled the 5 off your order. Did they give you a ship date?
[/QUOTE
So you plan to just let your Mallards go to this little stream no house for them at all? they may last a month they may not. Although being able to fly will help them hopefully get away from a predator. But sleeping out in the open at night doesn't even give flyers much of a chance of escape. Domestic ducks including domestic Mallards need shelter and security and fed by us humans that take on the responsibility of raising them from almost hatch till adults. And even after.
Of course I will give them the proper heat and care and housing they need before they are grown and are all feathered and capable enough of finding their own food and all that and my house is literally 25 feet from the stream so they can go back up if they feel they are endanger of anything I just dont think I can keep 10 full grown ducks in the house. It is called a stream but it is wide and big enough to be a river also and I have seen ducks float down it before in the past. Should I build them a feeder or something if I do put them down there when they are older or should I not release them in there at all and advise. thank you

"Of course I will give them the proper heat and care and housing they need before they are grown and are all feathered and capable enough of finding their own food and all that and my house is literally 25 feet from the stream so they can go back up if they feel they are endanger of anything I just dont think I can keep 10 full grown ducks in the house. It is called a stream but it is wide and big enough to be a river also and I have seen ducks float down it before in the past. Should I build them a feeder or something if I do put them down there when they are older or should I not release them in there at all and advise. thank you"

Cancel order all together if not set up to care for your ducks. Predators are relentless and you’ll eventually lose them all. Feeding them down there will also draw in predators.

Back
Top Bottom