A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My current hatch. Out of 18 eggs that made it to lockdown.

16 hatched.
1 pipped and died.
1 assisted still trying.

Looks like 2 tri color mottled.
1 narri cross.
11 royal palms.

LOL... so i went outside and i heard all this screaming from the chickens and they were standing in front of the coop so i went out to see what the problem was and i walk up to the coop and what do i see??? Porter and his girl sitting on the roost in the chicken coop..LOL... think they like it better then their home... So i bravely went in and tried shooing them off and the girl actually hissed at me and porter fluffed up and started vibrating... hummm ... so i got a stick and tapped him in the butt, well that worked he got off and his girl followed, guess he didnt like getting his 1st spanking,,,LOL,,, 

Lol, that's funny! Mine all got a spanking today too and their butts grounded. They invaded the neighbor's yard, at first, it was no big deal, they came back home when I called them but 5 minutes later, when I turned my back, they ran right back over there. I had to grab a sick and herd them home. They complained the whole way back but once they were halfway through the yard, they just ran straight to their coop, crying the whole time. They knew they were wrong lol. It's be a week or two until they try wandering over there again. They know better, they just can't help themselves sometimes lol.

Good news,, they stuck around, Bad news is they didnt go into their coop... BUT they are out of the rain they are under the 3 sided storage barn on top of hubby`s new Bobcat..LOL... sure he will be happy if there is poop on it..

Good news,, they stuck around, Bad news is they didnt go into their coop... BUT they are out of the rain they are under the 3 sided storage barn on top of hubby`s new Bobcat..LOL... sure he will be happy if there is poop on it.. 

Guaranteed...there WILL be poop...LOTS OF POOP!

@Auroradream26 
i have had turkeys before but when does a hen reach sexual maturity 

My girls who hatched end of Sept & beginning of Oct this past year are just starting to lay. That means about 7 months, give or take a couple weeks. My spring hatch girls the year before were laying by March as soon as weather warmed up.

Feedman - adorable poults (darn, every time I see poults I want to run out and get some myself)!

Aurora - those littles are getting big! They are going to be beautiful :)

Coffee - I can relate to the 'first turkey nerves' - my first guy is just a year old now. They are always an adventure :p. Sounds like Porter and his girls are settling in (and trying out all the roosting options :rolleyes:)

So Coco was off the nest briefly when I went to let everyone out this morning and I noticed that there were only two of the four eggs that I gave her still in the nest. I was in office clothes, so left it to tonight to look for the missing eggs. Of course, she was back on the nest when I went out to check after work. Gloves, padded jacket and tried to sneak in. I can only find 2 eggs....any ideas where the others could have gone?? Oh ya....and Coco definitely is a biter. She managed to find the only exposed skin I had (between my glove and the jacket cuff). Darn bird lol, I need a shark suit. I don't want her sitting forever if she's not going to hatch something - is there any way to discourage her from being broody? Or do I try giving her another batch of eggs? Any advice? Should I separate her completely from the other hens? Trust me - the mood she's in - no one is bothering her.... :oops:

Not wanting to toot my own horn too much......BUT didn't I say that would be the perfect turkey coop?

And more importantly, What new Bobcat? Where are the pictures? What attachments does he have? Remember we can always trade attachments so no need to buy them all. I have a friend that has a stump grinder. I have brush hog, and post hole drill. The other things I have are a dozer/snowplow he could borrow that in summer, Winter I need it.. It has 4 way blade...

We sure could use a tree spade...hint hint hint... I need to see this!

Back
Top Bottom