A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Holm, that baby is adorable and what a sweet moma hen! I love Mr. T photo bombing! :lol:

Thanks! OML you should meet him! The second he says a camera or phone he scoots his way over and struts all over!

Last edited:
Holm, maybe you should have named him "Ham" Bone! You know he has a standing invitation to come south! My girls would love him!

[COLOR=FF0000]WHAT!!!!![/COLOR]

Why are so many of you trying to steal my turkey from Holm?

Can u believe all these people?! Trying to steal your turkey from me!

We actually set up a day so u couldpossibly come get him. I have to get the OK from my sisters. Go figure. I buy the turkey, raise him and have to get the OK from them!

Daisy had her bath & blow dry in prep of the party tomorrow. She looks beautiful. She also loves a nice warm bath. I'll try to get some shots of her tomorrow.

Feedman....how is the new flock?

Holm, just saying if Ralphie bails on taking Mr. T & you need to rehome him...I'll come get him! ;)

The new flock integrated somewhat.

The roosters had their differences. Hens started to mingle.

No pics. As where I got them had to many chickens in too small an area and to many roos. Lot of bareback and bums.

The SS ROO is not mean as all get out. But is one you have to keep an eye on while in the pen. He looks to be about 1 and a half years old.

The SS hens have spurs that's different.

Worst part was getting the into the coop tonight they wanted to roost with the toms. With predator problems couldn't let that happen.

So I opened a pen with 2 Un broody turkey hens. All was good til a hen flew down and went into chase and kill mode. So I had to get her out and when I did she went to roost with the toms. So now I get to catch her tomorrow.

No new poults this week. But hatched a couple of barnyard mix chicks from eggs that didn't get destroyed when a nest got raided.

Memphis: since daisy got a bath does that mean she is a house turkey tonight.

Feedman....sounds like things are going well! And no Daisy is not in the house. Although I doubt she'd mind. I have to say, she easier to groom than some of my show dogs! :lol:

Daisy had her bath & blow dry in prep of the party tomorrow. She looks beautiful. She also loves a nice warm bath. I'll try to get some shots of her tomorrow.

Feedman....how is the new flock?

Holm, just saying if Ralphie bails on taking Mr. T & you need to rehome him...I'll come get him! ;)

Trust me, you really do not want Mr. T.

Cornish/Brahma hen with a Self Blue turkey poult.

As of this morning she had 4 turkey eggs under her. As of this evening there are no eggs but there are 3 Self Blue and 1 Blue Slate turkey poults under her.

Speckled Sussex and Cream Legbar chicks

Cream legbar chick

Back
Top Bottom