A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Cute Snake babies Alicia!

We are having a cold spell!! Its 72 this morning....yipee!! Girls are loving the lack of humidity!!

Daisy is molting. She's in a snit about it. Doesn't want to be touched. If you reach down to give her a pet, she averts her head and gives a sharp sounding "put". Drama queen! She does , however, still perch on the arm of my chair. Apparently it's ok for her to to reach over peck something on my shirt or my hair...but I'm forbidden to touch her. She obviously has molting rules I need to respect. Turkeys are so funny....

See, poor Daisy! My turkeys all seem to be getting through their molt smoothly and quickly this year .... Except Cuddles, she's a mess. Ever since the broody bunch hatched their babies, I've been keeping an extra bowl out there in the coop. Every morning, I dump 1 scoop of gamebird starter in it for whoever wants/needs it. It seems like they take it out first lol.

Speaking of weather, it's a grand 54° here this morning. Chilly!

They all look so sad right now. One more month and they should be all shiny and new. Maple has been roaming around giving me "the bird". Lol. Been having a cooler spell in my area as well. It's been high 40s and low 50s in the mornings. Daily highs of 70-75 for the next few days. I hope the wind picks up and blows away all this wildfire smoke. Its been HORRIBLE. Can't even see the mountains currently.
39124659_251440502162526_6533184318561320960_n.jpg

They all look so sad right now. One more month and they should be all shiny and new. Maple has been roaming around giving me "the bird". Lol. Been having a cooler spell in my area as well. It's been high 40s and low 50s in the mornings. Daily highs of 70-75 for the next few days. I hope the wind picks up and blows away all this wildfire smoke. Its been HORRIBLE. Can't even see the mountains currently.
View attachment 1514158

So glad the smoke has cleared out!

I finally moved my chickens and fingers crossed they don’t murder the rooster I threw in with them... figured it was all new environment for both groups so might as well give it a shot when it’s cooler/less smoky.

Getting two bourbon hens tonight and they get to go into the newly vacated chicken tractor on a new patch of ground as their quarantine spot.

I also have some meat chickens coming for the other tractor next week riiight on the same day my incubator eggs are due to hatch! Then hopefully a few more in 2 weeks.

I’m getting turkey eggs again as soon as the heat/smoke broke!

I came home today and discovered 2 out of 3 poults in the brooder dead. Sigh so much for my little black one. Still one alive guess we will see how that goes.
Went to move the broody chicken as sitting on 7 Turkey eggs to her own place..... nope she want having any of it ! She sat away from the eggs and gave me a tongue lashing ! Wowsers. So she went back in the coop and they eggs are in the bator..... guess we will see if I have better luck this time.

Sad day I woke up to the last poult in the brooder dead..... back to the drawing board. On a positive note bubba is still intent on teaching the younger ones the find art of feather fluffballs, silly birds.
20180825_070512.jpg
of course the second I grab a camera they all try to look innocent...... but boy they make me giggle

Back
Top Bottom