A chicken laying question.

CountryFlock

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2014
United States
My BR layed her first egg at exactly 20 weeks yesterday and I had a question. Once a chicken lays her first egg will she then after start laying regularly or lay another egg maybe like 5 days later? Once your chickens laid their first did they lay again in a day or two? Thank you.

This depends on the breed it may lay the next day that is most likely but may not lay for 2 or 3 maybe 4 it depends what breed is it?

my BR's have been laying an egg a day (although one of them takes Fridays off...??) the other is 7 eggs per week. From the two BR's I get a bakers dozen every week. At least that's the ways its been for the past month.

My first Barred Rock to lay laid a day then skipped a day then laid then skipped. She started at 20 weeks and 2 days. The others have started laying and I have been getting 5-7 a day. I still am not sure if all of them are laying yet. There are 10 Barred Rocks, all the same age. I have gotten several double yolk eggs. Do ya'll think that it is the same pullet laying all the double yolkers or is it common among young pullets to occasionally do that?

My first Barred Rock to lay laid a day then skipped a day then laid then skipped. She started at 20 weeks and 2 days. The others have started laying and I have been getting 5-7 a day. I still am not sure if all of them are laying yet. There are 10 Barred Rocks, all the same age. I have gotten several double yolk eggs. Do ya'll think that it is the same pullet laying all the double yolkers or is it common among young pullets to occasionally do that?
I read that it is common for new layers to lay double yolkers. :)

Back
Top Bottom